What on earth do the BOTS scan for?

I get the typical ‘personal information’ flag ALL the time and ignore it because there simply is no ‘information’ included.

THIS one has me stumped since the all wise, ever knowing BOTS have flagged it and I simply can not post this response to someone who is taking exception to my emphasizing certain words and phrases with CAPS. Yup , did it here too.

The entire message and I am stumped on what apparent ‘code words’ that I used to offend a freaking machine.

"The PROBLEM with the written word is that readers do NOT get the intonation and actual meaning of what is written while when listening the meaning would be clear due to the tone of voice.

Speaking allows you to emphasize words which type simple does not permit UNLESS you differentiate.

See how that works?

When you are dealing with people that have differing opinions and are clearly not paying attention to the ever changing landscape of selling on this site some posts should actually be written entirely in capital letters but that is hard on the eyes."

1 Like

Maybe in the new kinder gentler forum, it is offensive to suggest someone may not be paying attention?

May I ask if the filter balks for the exact same message submitted with a substitution of ‘upper-case’ for ‘capital’?

I had originally put in ‘CAPS’ and then substituted ‘capital’ so as not to ‘offend’ the person taking exception to my emphasizing what ‘Mr RA is permitted’ was not figuring out.

The person I was attempting to respond to actually admits that RA is a dead end after having done it (by their own admission) for years.

I’m guessing the same programmers that put together the ‘buy box’ fog and mystery did the BOTS for checking posts on the Forum (NOT) improved version.

2 Likes

Well, “…possession is 9/10 of the law and all that…”, so…

:wink:

I recently wrote a long response and couldn’t post due to “inappropriate language” It was so annoying because there was nothing inappropriate about it. I can’t remember exactly what the word was off-hand but it took me forever to figure it out. The system should highlight what is causing the block.

This would be an intelligent UI, Not Amazon’s strong point

3 Likes

I recently wrote a long response and couldn’t post due to “inappropriate language”

Don’t know if this still applies on the new forum, but on the old, when the system objected to something I wrote, I would copy the entire post, then edit out all but the first couple sentences and save.

If it accepted that, then edit again and add in a few more sentences.

Repeat until you reach the offending language, or trick the system into accepting what you give it. On the old forums, you could say things in edit mode that you couldn’t say in the original post. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

That is exactly what I ended up doing. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for that information.

I ended up with this part on there –

"The PROBLEM with the written word is that readers do NOT get the intonation and actual meaning of what is written while when listening the meaning would be clear due to the tone of voice.

Speaking allows you to emphasize words which type simply does not permit UNLESS you differentiate.

See how that works?

There are people that have differing opinions and are clearly not paying attention to the ever changing landscape of selling on this site."

Apparently there is something about “some posts should actually be written entirely in capital letters but that is hard on the eyes.” that bothers the BOTS.

I suspect they are offended by people having eyes.

1 Like

I’ll play… this game is fun… I’ll be the bot:

“The PROBLEM… is… actual meaning… tone of voice… differing opinions… capital…”

So, THIS armchair detective says “the bot flagged the post as a political rant”, likely using a Bayesian filter that matched several phrases often found in political rants.

(Yes, “capital” not “capitol”, but no one can spell anymore, even with hot and cold running spellcheck everywhere.)

I have been known to be spilling :rofl: challenged at times. There are some ‘issues’ with apostrophes and abbreviations that force me to rewrite entire sentences.

Dogtamer, is that you?

:crazy_face:

The more I advance into my dotage, the more I long for an increased-time Edit Window.

31 days oughta do the trick, methinks…