When you desperately want to be Amazon.2 😂

And out of all the things to copy, you chose “delight”

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll spend 30 minutes yelling at you on Zoom because your UX sucks.
Oh. I see. You want to talk to Tony, but not me. Good call, Walmart.

1 Like

“delights of the current order” sounds like…something @Tried_Tested would say :laughing::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

2.0? More like .002. LOL

Been on that marketplace approximately 4 weeks. 52 orders. We can do 52 orders on Amazon in 90 mins.

They have a long way to go but happy to participate in Wallyworld because for us, so far, it’s zero work.

5 Likes

Same. It’s a platform we intend to keep our eye on but it is lacking in everything.

2 Likes

Last year I was about to drop Walmart altogether.
They started to ding me for VTR (which was nonsense because all my shipping was FedEx/ups) and late deliveries. I even lost my “pro seller” badge for a bit. I was done with them (which was a pity because I’ve been with them since 2016).

2023 has been excellent, with excellent meaning that I’m doing maybe 15-20% amazon volume. Walmart is a comparatively small marketplace, but I’m pleasantly surprised that over the last few weeks it has gotten closer to eBay volume (for me), when I thought it was dead.

1. I opened a bunch of cásese to fix all the wrong metrics. Regained my pro seller status.
  2. managed to recover items that had been shot down due to price (thank you bots) about 30% of my listings. 2 of my top 3
  3. started to run ads. I had been approved for ad center 9 month ago and had not been allowed to start advertising. I think that now is open with our requesting it. But for the longest time it was a struggle. Over a short month, my campaigns are giving me $8 per $ invested. With impressions and ctr trending up.
  4. starting to get recurrent customers from the newly captured customers. Most repeat orders have been for multipacks. So good self fulfilling prophecy in the making.

It’s too early to tell. But I was doing less than 1 sale per day last December. I’m reaching double digits almost daily now. It’s been a nice swing, hoping that it can grow.

5 Likes

Good for Wal-Mart. Although they still can suck it, as far as I go. I just can’t let them riding me dirty go, yet. Maybe, next decade…

2 Likes

I agree with you guys that Walmart isn’t the best, but on average (since they only are like 20% of our Amazon volume) we have fewer return/customer issues. Similar refund/return rate. For us it’s free, the fees are reasonable, and it’s another revenue stream that is relatively workable.

Their support is worse, but most of the time I don’t need them like we tend to on Amazon. It’s not the most intuitive. Overall though it’s not the worst marketplace we’ve used.

5 Likes

That infamy belongs to Sears?

1 Like

I was listing a 12 pack, just as I list it everywhere else
Had the picture of the product in front of the box, and the second picture was the 12 units outside of the box

The guy from Sears called me furious, that it had to be only the picture of 1 unit, same image for the single unit, 12 pack and 24 pack…
Threw a hissy fit on the phone, and had me change the items.

To this day Idk if it would have mattered, freaking marketplace is beyond dead. But wow… level of micromanagement that is only possible in dying bodies.

4 Likes

No wonder they went out of business. I certainly wasn’t going to shop there or their half a$$ed website.

1 Like

No, that was Sears Hometown Stores a bunch of independently owned and operated franchises. Which filed for Bankruptcy this year shortly after Sears and Eddie Lampert emerged from bankruptcy. Sears and Sears.com are both still around.

You should sign up on Sears.com to be a third-party Sellers. Because everybody needs a massively cumbersome, poorly designed marketplace, with nearly zero sales to give them headaches and sleepless nights. All with probabilities of making a sale, significantly less than that of getting hit by a piece of falling space debris on any particular Thursday.

1 Like

A glimpse into Walmart Seller Support… A mess… It’s def worse than Amazon.

Notice (touch 6) - 6 back and forths with nothing clear back from them on a very simple issue.

2 Likes

My goodness. I remember selling on sears marketplace. Sears reps would literally be calling us from the store about a customer return.

2 Likes

Yeah @SawleMill, we tried that and it was massive fail.

@ASV_Vites Yeah, their support is even more useless, but I find that I rarely need to contact them for anything, so it’s a wash for me.

1 Like

We are having issues getting enrolled in Walmarts “early reviewer program” which is relatively new.

Items meet the eligibility in every way but they aren’t there to enroll on the program screen. Now we have had 6 touchpoints with support and the case ended with them washing their hands of the situation and telling us to call Bazaarvoice because they control the program.

I find it hard to believe that Bazaarvoice is going to be able to fix this so this should be an interesting call.

1 Like