Which Star Wars Series?

So I decided to take advantage of the Disney+ Black Friday deal, and finally will get to watch some of the Star Wars series.

But DAMN! there’s a lot of them! Where should I start? Or does it really matter?
Are there any of the series that are simply a waste of time?

2 Likes

The Mandalorian is a good place to start. There are three seasons so you’ll have a lot of catching up to do. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I figured that was a good one to start on. We’ve managed in the last few weeks to run out of several of the shows we were watching regularly, and there will soon be a break in the Beach Volleyball season, so should be easy to watch quite a few of these.

Although I’ve finally managed to turn the wife onto Richard Osman’s House of Games (weird Brit quiz show, played for crudy prizes; but fun in its banality)

1 Like

Mandalorian (1st season) and Andor.

1 Like

THIS is the way!

4 Likes

If you haven’t seen the Clone wars or Rebels I recommend you start there.

It will help make the Manadolorian make more sense.

Andor is also a don’t miss. The first 3 episodes are like slogging through mud but it gets to the point where the 2 best monologs in the SW universe take place in the same episode.

3 Likes

I never watched Clone Wars, but it appears from watching the Disney series that Anakin was Ahsoka’s master before he became evil. I don’t get that part, because in the end of the prequal, he was still learning and wasn’t a master at all. He went from being tutored by the emperor to being Vader. How was he ever a master?

1 Like

To have a padwian you only need be a Knight. I believe it is one of the requirements for Master, to mentor a learner. The Clone wars also helps you better understand Anakin’s decent into becoming Vader better.

There are also Mandalorian episodes in the clone wars and Rebels which will explain the back story for The Mandalorian better.

3 Likes

But what happened to Ahsoka before he died? Surely, she would have been somewhere in the movies.

BTW, I normally did not like the book version of movies, the Revenge of the Sith was an excellent book for understanding Anakin’s decent. I fully enjoyed that book.

1 Like

Fully agree

you need to see Rebels for that answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes