Accidentally cancelled a USPS label - product in transit

I think I’ll be okay, right? They’ll just not refund me?

(Yesterday was not a good day. Head was in the clouds, so lots of mistakes, LOL.)

2 Likes

Wouldn’t they return to sender? It’s basically a parcel with no postage on it now since the postage was cancelled.

If you try to get a refund for a label in transit it will just reject the refund, package will move as normal

3 Likes

I really hope they don’t do that.

1 Like

I guess it depends on whether voiding the label went through before it was picked up or not. (And by picked up I mean scanned somewhere in their system)

1 Like

USPS will only return to sender if you pay extra $$$ for that.

Once a package has been scanned as accepted the postage is not checked again.

1 Like

The situation I’m thinking of is
Label Created → Package added to pile → Label Voided → Picked Up → Scanned at post office and postage is found to be invalid

1 Like

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. I voided it and then deposited it at the post office. Just check the tracking, though. It’s moved through the system and says “in transit,” not “return to sender.” :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If it’s moving away from you it should be fine, any return to sender would be triggered immediately, it doesn’t make sense for them to move it across the country and then back to you.

3 Likes

Reminder, usps label refunds take 60+ days to make sure they aren’t used.

Aka it’s valid unless not used.

3 Likes

If its moving then it got an acceptance scan

3 Likes

Not true. Ground Advantage and Priority Mail are both returned to sender without additional cost. We got one back a couple of weeks ago because the address was non deliverable with no forward address.

Then the refund will be denied.
No harm no foul.

4 Likes

Sorry I should clarify. USPS will not intercept a package without an additional cost

3 Likes

Aw, @Amazon_Seller I’m so sorry about all these little things piling up for you. Luckily, in the two threads I’ve read (including this one), you haven’t committed any fatal errors and can hopefully take some time tomorrow and Monday to refresh a bit. :hugs:

3 Likes