Advertising strategies

Every day, I carefully prune my ad campaign. How often do you make changes to yours?

@Amazon_Seller if you want to move this good question to the wider SAS, please let me know.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s okay to move it.

1 Like

You might want to push that to weekly or even semi-weekly.

The reason I say this is all these changes get baked into Amazon’s secret sauce algorithms and may not fully bake in with such short durations of static liveness…

Am I saying that you shouldn’t look and cut major dead wood that’s burning cash? Nope… Keep doing that.

What I am saying is just because something isn’t performing to your expectations today, doesn’t mean it won’t in a few days when all the duct tape and twine connect to each other on the backend.

I learned about all of this from the guy who manages our PPC on Amz and Wmt. He’s on the Forbes 30 under 30 list so I trust him and it’s logical with all the other crap we see on Amazon with bots and such.

When I make changes, I look at the 30-day performance before making changes, but it’s a rolling 30 days, so that’s why I make changes every day. I think my strategy is good, because I’ve been able to maintain a high ROAS. It’s a very careful pruning process. I only change each bid by pennies. I add targets but rarely delete them (just change the bids).

If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it…

Just sharing what I’ve been told by people we trust that are good at what they do.

If you’re letting new campaigns establish themselves for more than 2 weeks then you’re probably OK with these types of adjustments.

3 Likes

I have so many campaigns, it’s not even funny. I’m not going to make any new campaigns for the foreseeable future.

We have 123 live campaigns right now for 8 products so I know your pain. Actually I don’t. That’s the guy we pay to do this’s problem.

2 Likes