Am I allowed to offer a warranty

Is this allowed? Amazon makes my products unreturnable so a lot of customers leave 1 star reviews bc of this. I’m happy to offer them refunds if they reach out (which they don’t) so I’m wondering if I’m able to create some sort of warranty for them. Seems like this is diverting them away from Amazon so not sure if allowed. Probably not…

2 Likes

If you’re the product manufacturer you can certainly offer a warranty.

Will people actually take advantage of this warranty and contact you for a refund, instead of eating the cost themselves and leaving a negative review? Most people won’t.

3 Likes

We do for our brands. To be clear we manufacture them right here in America.

We even have a registration link in the trade dress. Only one person has used it in hundreds of thousands of orders.

If they give us a order number from one of our channels, and we can verify they bought from us we replace it. For Amazon, since the address is redacted we must ask them for it.

We have one year as our policy, though I have gone close to two years, and would go further if asked. Fine with me, we replace the item or one of the items in the kit they ordered. We do not offer a cash back type of warrantee.

2 Likes

We offer warranties for quite a few of our product lines, and have done so for many years with nary a quibble from Amazon.

Like our friend Image, part of our Trade Dress is a Warranty Registration card Insert for those goods, which directs the user to the applicable Registration Form hosted by one or another of our web sites.

For some of our product lines, such as those in the Baby Category, that’s required by Federal mandate - and Amazon knows this.

1 Like

The brands we sell offer warranties of varying lengths, and most of the brands don’t deal directly with customers. The buyers have to contact us, and we handle the warranty issues.

Amazon does not care if you offer warranty refunds or returns outside of the Amazon Return Window.

1 Like

But what if I direct them to a site off amazon where they can sign up for a warranty

2 Likes

I’ll not deny that this could be a problem, but it never has been for us, or for any of the myriad other above-board sellers who follow that same paradigm.

2 Likes

An abundance of caution would make certain that the page where they sign up for the warranty does not link to a site or parts of the site where they could make purchases. But that may or may not be necessary protection unless a buyer reports the issue.

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes

If it’s in the product in the form of a warranty card, that’s fine. But it should not be part of the detail page in any way.

Almost every big brand has their website on their product packaging or included inside in some way.

1 Like