Amazon ALLOWED customer to STEAL product and damage it, and MAKES ME PAY FOR IT

Amazon ALLOWED customer to STEAL product and damage it, and MAKES ME PAY FOR IT

"So the customer ordered the product on the 17th, and after receiving the notice that it had been shipped at 8 am, he called and request a refund at 8:10 am claiming missing parts. He received the refund, and Amazon REFUSED to stop the shipment as, according to a Seller support agent the product was still in the FBA warehouse waiting to be shipped.

But Amazon REFUSED to stop the shipment to the customer, and he received the product, Amazon ALLOWED him to damage it and is now claims it is customer damage, & wants to charge me money to have it returned to me.

I want this customer, his family, and his friends BANNED from my store, as Amazon has given him permission to STEAL from me at any time.

CUSTOMER DAMAGE now = Banned from my store. Amazon has given this customer permission to STEAL from me. If he tells his friends… my business WILL close… because AMAZON is ok with this customer or ANY customer STEALING from me…

This really worries me as a New amazon Seller… I have over 10,000 in merchandise in Amazon’s care, and now they are telling me they will protect it from THEIFS and in fact, will ALLOW thieves to STEAL from me…"

It is pretty awful;

…right after the item had apparently shipped, the customer called Amazon, and they received a refund. According to SS, it “hadn’t shipped yet”, but the Agent didn’t cancel the order.

Maybe it was already on the truck?

“I want this customer, his family, and his friends BANNED from my store, as Amazon has given him permission to STEAL from me at any time.”

Good Luck with that…🡩

I’ve tried to cancel orders (my own purchases) and they don’t always. If it’s well into the FC-outbound process, it’s not always possible. So if it’s within the last hour or three before actually showing shipped to the seller, this is normal.

The agent will usually say try to refuse, but if it’s amazon that’s not doable.

This seller is silly though, just handle the return - it’s FBA not like he can do anything - and chances are the unit wasn’t even opened.

2 Likes

It sounds like the customer did return the product, but it’s in unfulfillable condition, which is quite common for FBA returns and is something the OP is going to need to get used to.
Or do you think they are saying the customer still has it items and wants to return them? Are FBA returns free to the warehouse (included in the fees) and not charged to sellers?

2 Likes

Agreed. Seller must have thought they could deny returns, that isn’t how Amazon works.

I also sense a language barrier

5 Likes

Since I rarely use the phone to talk to a customer service rep, I know that there is a period during which the system will not cancel an FBA order before it ships.

Obviously, the customer service rep does not know that, and only knows how to refund.

I am not overly suspicious of the customer.

There are many items which should include more parts than they do, and missing parts could be an indication that there is something else required beyond the product ordered. The seller’s supplier may be the culprit or perhaps the seller who listed a product which is not useful as sold.

As others have said, once a product becomes an FBA return, it is likely to be a write-off.

Those of you who know me know that I do not think much of most sellers who believe everyone wants to rip them off. And often the only ripoff artist is that seller.

4 Likes

Good point!!

I think there is a higher fraud rate depending on what you sell, but IMO most customers are not trying to rip the seller off, sure they are out there, but it’s not the masses.

M7DEU - Callsign Lookup by QRZ Ham Radio

If I were betting, I would say there are far more dishonest sellers out there than there are buyers.

3 Likes