Amazon Bulk Edit Handling Time

Is there a way to bulk edit all ASINs’ handling time? I have products in different categories and would prefer not to try it via an excel file upload (I’m deathly afraid of making a catastophic mistake).

2 Likes

Excel file is the only way that I know of. Excel files are actually very forgiving error wise, cause if it detects an error it boots the whole file out!

You don’t even need to put prices in the file. Last time I did it I downloaded an inventory report and a inventory update template file. Copied ASIN’s from the report to the template, and then filled in the handling time. I THINK that was all that was required!

It sounds way complicated, but after you do it once, you’ll realize it’s SOOOOOO easy!

4 Likes

See here:

Since it’s just a price & quantity template - it doesn’t mess with any other fields.
Also you can do a SINGLE ASIN TEST before you do them all to see if it is working as you expect.

4 Likes

On the upload, can I simply delete columns not being edited? I know I have to keep ASIN and probably a few others…

1 Like

If using a FULL Category template then I would suggest

1. Download the latest one
  2. Don’t Mess with any of the column headers
  3. Use Partial Update
  4. Just fill in Product Type, Seller SKU, Update Delete, Handling Time columns
  5. Test with 1 SKU to make sure it works as you expect before doing them all
    The link above talks about the Price & Qty template that also updates ASIN Level Handling times
5 Likes

Leave the columns not being used.

@Sundance post is the right way!

4 Likes

Going to try this. The only change I see is that the “leadtime-to-sip” is now labeled “handling-time”. Thanks @Sundance @Pepper_Thine_Angus for your help!

Is handling time measured in calendar days, operating days, or business days?

3 Likes

Wow, they finally fixed it?

3 Likes

Business days

Friday plus 2 = Monday or Tuesday

Operating days is also a factor so if closed Friday thru Sunday then Thursday would also = Monday or Tuesday

3 Likes

UPDATE: It worked perfectly. I forgot to update the quantity on some FBA listings (or to just remove them) and those were my only errors. 650 listings updated in about a minute.

You All Are The Best. Thanks!

4 Likes

As a follow up, check from time to time to make sure automation has not crept back into your handling time (it will override the SKU specific handling time if you don’t turn it off)

3 Likes