Amazon buyer changed 1 star feedback to 5 star

Right, if there was an issue with the order. Asking or suggesting they remove feedback or change the rating is against policy.

3 Likes

Perhaps this has changed. My understanding is that the only time a buyer can change feedback is if Amazon ā€“ for whatever reason ā€“ removed the feedback of their own volition (not due to seller request). Amazon would notify buyer and they would get another chance. Perhaps this just never happens anymore. Perhaps now any feedback that might have been removed that way has already been blocked by bots?

2 Likes

If Amazon removes the feedback, sometimes the email will say the buyer can leave another feedback. However, I think weā€™ve had 1 buyer ever actually go back and leave another. I donā€™t even know if buyers actually have that capability anymore or whether Amazon just hasnā€™t updated their email template for some feedback removals.

2 Likes

My guess is the buyer left a product review instead of a feedbackā€¦went back and changed the product review from 1 to 5 stars (not knowing there is a difference between feedback and product reviews).

3 Likes

To be fair, the SHC (ā€œSeller Help Contentā€) page(s) which for many years included language specifically permitting that practice do currently appear to have had that language removed - but AFAIK, what the long-time FMT-CMT Moderator Glenn posted to an NSFE discussion 072124 here is still correct (ā€˜boldedā€™ emphasis mine):

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/fb2da236-a6b8-46e0-941d-87c9ebb8b305?postId=c8a778db-9825-4ec7-84f6-6b256f187324

Iā€™ve got it on my plate to confirm whether or not there is no longer any published policy specifically stating the same in another SHC page, but primarily because we ourselves so-rarely receive Negative or Neutral Seller Feedback, that exercise is of a very-low priority for meā€¦

1 Like

Thank you @Vtr and @Dogtamer for posting the policy information for contacting Buyers related to Seller Feedback issues. I suspect many Sellers are claiming that contacting Buyers about negative Feedback is prohibited because they are confusing itā€“as we all do at timesā€“with Product Reviews.

As Glenn_Amazon said:

but

Contacting Buyers about unfavorable Product Reviews? :x: PROHIBITED

Contacting Buyers about negative Seller Feedback? :warning: PERMITTED but must follow Guidelines

3 Likes

Thanks to having just now (072824) read one of Dannyā€™sā€™s 071124 (link, NSFE) responses in a discussion similar to the one for which Glenn posted the above-quoted reply from 072224*, Iā€™ve found the SHC (ā€œSeller Help Contentā€) page which still contains the dispensation for contacting members of the Amazon Buyer Community, in regards to Seller Feedback; itā€™s When buyers want to remove feedback (link, Help Hub Revision) (bolded AND italicized emphasis mine):

Our own internal records indicate that the language of that particular published-policy SHC page has morphed greatly since I first recorded it 041317 - especially-so in the wake of various Communications Guidelines-revamping Initiatives since Q1 of 2018 - but from what I can see, now, that page is the one two which weā€™d direct Seller Supportā€™s attention should push come to shove.

IMHO, Papyā€™s reply has got the right take on situations like this.

In my upthread reply quoting Glennā€™s post (Post #25), I mistakenly cited ā€œ072124ā€ - i.e., July 21, 2024 - rather than correct date, 072224.

Thereā€™s a reason why some of my elders absolutely delighted in calling me ā€œWAā€ - an appellation which stands for ā€œWrong Again.ā€ :smiley:

Mea culpa

1 Like

ā€¦ how ironic or is it? ā€¦ with in the same post ā€¦

1 Like

Sometimes, itā€™s advisable for me to prove that Iā€™m only human - for there would seem to be more than a few who arenā€™t yet convincedā€¦

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes