Amazon Handmade: It’s Coupon Party time! ...or is it?

Hmm also, how do I figure out why or how my coupons got canceled?

I just went to check my coupons to see how many clips/redemptions I have and found they had been canceled. I had this happen during the last party as well. :unamused:

Clearly not a budget issue.

canceledsale

I really hope it’s not a posting-on-NSFE issue :grimacing:

50% handmade coupons means ppl are throwing stuff away if they are actually handmade (most of what I saw isn’t).. and no mention on the handmade main page so a regular shopper (lol…) wouldn’t see them.

Only ppl ALREADY clicking coupons from the main page would find them… great marketing minds over there in seattle smg…

I do coupons all the time, but I see a drop in clippings during their coupon parties, probably because of so much more competition.

Exactly.
It’s a speak-easy.
You have to already know it’s there, to find it.

So support says my coupon was canceled because an item went out of stock. Well there is nothing I can do about an item going out of stock? You can’t remove items from a coupon once it has started. Sure I can put items back in stock, but I had one item out of stock for approximately 12 hours and they cancel my coupon? So I’m going to have to babysit this and keep restarting it till the 22nd? It makes zero sense that 1 item going out of stock from a coupon featuring 200 items should cause it to cancel. Also makes zero sense that Amazon doesn’t even send a cancellation notice that your coupon has been canceled.

So yeah, if it gets canceled again I suppose I’ll just leave it alone. No sales today from it.

And especially for Handmade, where items are mostly lower quantities to begin with.

so Amazon canceled your ENTIRE coupon because ONE item was out of stock??? How stupid is that??? Never mind, it’s Amazon.

I have that happen all the time and the rest of the coupon stays active. I wish I could remove the “sold” item and let it continue, as usually I don’t want to sell that many of the discounted item - just want a boost from a sale or two. But I’ve literally never had them cancel a coupon after one item sold out, and that happens to me a lot. Support is wrong here i think.

…and my coupons get canceled again. Filled out another support request, this time I’m not restarting them since the last few times support attitude was like “oh well your coupons are currently running so what do you want us to do”

What do we want from support? Competence and comprehension, maybe. I know it’s a big ask.
:face_with_spiral_eyes:

Speaking of incompetence — Amabots can’t even do 4th grade math. My coupons are all 25% off, with no limits. A customer bought 2 coupon items, and each item was discounted 9.7%. Huh? However you do the math, it doesn’t add up.

I did get another coupon sale today, and the math is correct.

I’m up to 5 clips and 3 sales, probably as good as it’ll get. Party, party!

I did set up about 30 coupons for 11/1 - 11/22 Coupon Party, none of them got on the coupon page. The discount are not deep enough, so I didn’t expect them to be on the coupon pages. Well, after half a month, only got 5 clips and 1 redeemed (the $2 discount was correct), they probably had nothing to do with the Party. I finally just extended all the coupon to the end of the month to have them during blk Fri/cyber Mon.

Coupons are still active, but the party is over.

Handmade landing page no longer has any mention of the coupon party.
The link to my coupons from my listings page has disappeared.

Amazon invited everyone to a big party, and halfway through the party, they kicked us to the curb. At least we got to keep the party hats.

Are you saying your coupons are not showing on the product page for the public to see? What about on the backend on your Coupons page, are they still showing as “Running”?

I checked a few of my coupons, and they are still showing on the product pages. Couple days ago, I did extend my 11/1 - 11/22 “coupon party” coupons to end at 11/30, so don’t know if that made any difference. My Coupons page showing all my coupons are “Running” (although only had 1 redeemed so far).

If a customer clicks on an ASIN with a coupon, the coupon still shows. However, the direct link for customers to see ALL my items with coupons, without scrolling through 1400 active listings — that link is gone.

Yes, backend coupon page shows this coupon as active. My complaints are that I can’t send a direct link to customers, and Handmade landing page has no mention of our so-called party.

I don’t have that “deals and discounts” link on my page right now either, but I have to say I don’t remember ever seeing it before, either.