[AMZ] Amazon’s Prime Big Deal Days 2024 event is October 8-9

Amazon might not offer every Seller official promotion access, but it’s good to know when heavier traffic might get a few more eyeballs on your listings. You can always offer independent deals to all Amazon Buyers (not just Prime), promote sales to your followers, or advertise on social media–without Amazon’s help.

You can also offer off-Amazon deals but use the right keywords for piggyback visibility: “Not a Prime member but want free shipping?” “Everyone gets PRIME deals today!” etc.

11 Likes

We did a “local” one day mission in our region yesterday Saturday Sept 28th. An all summer project theming a campus north of New York City.

This involves driving 3-8 hours each direction from our studios north of Boston. Yes the traffic is that bad at times.

Like the entire summer, and on many trips over the years we passed, and they passed us, the Amazon 18 wheelers. Wondering if our product may be in the truck, as we often do.

What was different, do wish I got an image of it, we saw electronic billboards on the highway pushing the October 8-9 event. Never seen that before.

3 Likes

Amazon is trying to see just how far they can push it with this second Prime Day event of the year. Oct Prime Days are great for us but nowhere near as good as the July event.

With money tight and the Holidays coming, it would seem Amazon is trying to smartly capitalize on this to get the shopping season started early which is shorter this year.

2 Likes

They want $50 to create a prime exclusive discount now.

I still feel the tool is broken, as last time I only had 8 of my listings actually allowed with almost 500 listings being suppressed.

So I will not be participating in Prime Day. Not that I have had a successful prime event since maybe 2021? I can’t recall anymore it’s all water under the bridge. I’m just so over Amazon.

3 Likes

Yea, that $50 is new and annoying but that would count towards the entire event (every listing you enter for the deal), NOT $50 each.

Prime Days work well for us but only for our well-ranked products. Does next to nothing for everything else, with the exception of likely repeat-buyers buying 2 or more, instead of 1.

2 Likes

Target has Circle week coming up around the same time. A week of deals from Target versus two days from Amazon. Which would you choose?

3 Likes

Target doesn’t have 360,000,000 items.

Regardless, I’d choose the place with the lowest price which, sadly, will most likely be Amazon.

1 Like

For the item that I’m searching for, I’m more interested in size, color and style than the lowest price. In this case, the price difference between Amazon and Target isn’t very much. And if Target has it in stock at my local store and I can pick it up the same day, that it a plus.

3 Likes

Several sales events in October…see this post over in :lock: SAS Confidential (members only) An SAS Calendar of Sales Events for Ecommerce.

2 Likes

How were everyones’ sales for Prime Day?

Temu take a chunk out of anyones’ expected sales?

3 Likes

Ours stunk, like they always do. It is the slow sales leading up to Prime Day(s) that kill us though.

So glad it is over.

We had an eye on a few things for the studio office and family. Nothing, absolutely nothing was on sale that we needed.

A lot of crap from China, welcome to the Oriental Trading Company Online Store.

5 Likes

I had the opposite for Prime Day. My sales were really weird for the week or so beforehand. Some days were average/above average and other days reminded me of the dog days of summer (and I don’t sell summer stuff).

3 Likes

I ask simply based on YoY obvervations. Once I get back into the game - I have to know what next steps are and it would seem that things have shifted some. Tiktok shop is all the rage but that seems to be a new project in itself.

And the may, the myth, the legend @ASV_Vites is replying right now so I’ll shutup :joy:

3 Likes

Can’t complain but it wasn’t as good as the last Oct Prime event. First time we didn’t comp an Amazon event in 5 years.

We have always exceeded Amazon’s overall reported percentage growth so based on what Amazon reported today, we performed poorly.

Not surprised, we are facing a number of headwinds with a new deceptive competitor listing and the loss of all our badging because we reported them.

Amazon / SAS has scoffed at that accusation but it’s pretty rich that the day the SAS escalation team responded, denying our report, (that a 2nd grader could see), we got stripped of all of our Overall Pick badging that we’ve held for 3 solid years.

Another one of our products (that sells a miniscule percentage of our best seller) - now has the overall pick for the keyword that the A9 algorithm always led to our best seller.

Not overly concerned. Amazon is not our focus anymore but it does suck that we pumped 50K units of inventory in for Q4 - Jan, and our sales have been slashed in half thanks to Amazon’s retribution for reporting a top selling account ($250M+ Annually).

Obviously that was a mistake to report but it’s all been well documented… We’ll see what happens. Honestly, IDGAF at this point.

6 Likes

Valuable insight :pray:t3:

My concern is not so much competitors - which have gained massively in these past 9 months but also figuring out where traffic is going

I know your niche is a world of its own, but for most of us outside of that niche, things are less piratesque

2 Likes

Well, according to Amazon, things are great on Amazon.

To me it feels like the big sellers are doing much better than the small sellers.

Feels like the general public might be learning where to purchase their products from due to all the junk / fraud that goes on.

5 Likes