[AMZ] Amazon Will Build Your Product Page Using Your Website's URL

Amazon’s investments in generative AI are continuing to improve how customers shop in the Amazon store and how our selling partners succeed in creating thriving businesses.

Last fall, we started on a journey to bring generative AI into our product listing tools to both dramatically reduce the effort required from our selling partners to create product detail pages while also helping them create even higher-quality content that customers found more valuable. We started by allowing sellers to provide us with only a few words that described their product, and we used generative AI to create compelling product titles, descriptions, and a few other product details.

We followed this with the ability for sellers to simply upload an image of their product and use generative AI to automatically generate their product title, description, and even more product attributes. And we are now making another generative AI capability available to sellers to make listing products in our store even easier. Now, sellers can simply provide a URL to their own product website, and leverage generative AI to easily convert and optimize this content to create high-quality product detail pages in Amazon’s store.

Since last fall, more than 100,000 of our selling partners have already used one or more of our generative AI listing tools, saving them valuable time and effort. It’s exciting to see this momentum continuing to grow, and I’m looking forward to seeing even more sellers use this newest capability as it rolls out over the coming weeks. We’re still incredibly early in this generative AI journey and there’s so much more to come.

1 Like

It’s not copyright infringement if a bot does it?

3 Likes

I imagine that you get prompted to acknowledge that the website being copied is yours. At least I hope so!

2 Likes

Copyright infringement’s actually an interesting case on Amazon.

So for one, I’m assuming the website owner will have to give Amazon a very broad right to use any and all images on their website in order to use this service. Once it’s uploaded on Amazon, you give Amazon very broad rights to your images. This includes allowing other sellers to use your images on their detail pages if they choose to do so.

It is wise to have your trademark prominently shown in product images whenever possible as if the images are used as-is to describe another product it would still constitute trademark infringement.

Also, this idea is nothing new. Dropshippers have been using bots to scrape and create detail pages for ages now.

2 Likes

The tech might not be new, but the usage is, and it (and the implications) is newsworthy.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.