Another fun one: Active listing not in our inventory

So I just downloaded an ALL LISTINGS Report:
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/listing/reports/ref=xx_invreport_dnav_xx

Opened in excel & sorted by title.
There are 6 that do not have a title showing in the file, they are blank cells

So I copy & paste the SKU into Manage Inventory and noting comes up.
So I then take the ASIN from the file & go to the ASIN only to see us as an active seller.

Not sure how this is possible. Anyone else have blank titles in their download?

Just ran the report and didn’t find any

2 Likes

Manage Inventory - Nuthin!

Yet, there we are on the listing???

Do you possibly use a 3rd party app that could be sending over inventory data for the ASIN? I’m wondering if this could happen if you deleted the offer on the Amazon side, but the app keep sending inventory data over, causing the offer to be kept alive and what you are seeing.

1 Like

No apps - no 3rd party anything.
The thing is we SHOULD be on the listing, but why doesn’t it show in Manage inventory.
Searching the ASIN or SKU shows nothing and we found 6 just like this in the Inventory download…very strange.

Thinking the bot linked into some old data.

There is no price by your name.
There is no buy button by your name.
There is no offer by you under Report a Violation for that ASIN.

Have you sold this item in the past?
Amazon may have written a bot to clean up something with listings while rolling out the new attribute requirements with the new category specific excel templates. Caught your old listings because they don’t have something the new attributes require or something they want removed.

It’s Amazon
:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What happens when you try to readd it to your inventory using the same SKU?

1 Like

I’m not showing your offer at all on that ASIN.

Just FYI.

-Ana

1 Like

We are not showing right now because I did What @MissMeliss asked & tried to re-add the product via “Add A product” It now appears in our Manage Inventory screen.

Here is what support says (makes up :woozy_face:)
We deactivated your listings because we detected that your listings have errors or violate our policies.

The listing is not deactivated - there is no sku for the ASIN in manage Inventory.
Here’s another
In fact I show we’re winning the BUY BOX
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GF0AM8

Where2

1 Like

That one is showing someone else in my buy box:

-Ana

2 Likes

But are we on the listing. It may be showing a different Buy Box winner based on your zipcode as compared to ours. For NY & NJ it shows as FREE delivery December 27 - 28

2 Likes

Yeah i thought that may be the case too, just wanted to show you what I was seeing. Unless you use different addresses, it’s difficult to know what buyers are seeing in different parts of the country.

-Ana

2 Likes

I’m seeing others for all of the variations I looked @, but I suspect that you’re correct, and that’s likely due to the default Zip Code I use.

I am seeing the “Non returnable due to hazmat safety reasons” warning, however, which surprised me - not being well-versed in Health & Beauty as are you, I had no idea that a product like this fell under that classification.

1 Like

Amazon has slapped that on a lot of health & beauty items.
It really invites the scammers.
Many will order a few sets of false nails or fake eyelashes & then claim they don’t like the look of them in hopes of a refund & no return. I send return labels to those that say they never opened the boxes.

1 Like

This is because color and straightener products contain sodium hydroxide (lye) which they consider hazardous unfortunately.

-Ana

2 Likes

They can be shipped but not returned at least to FBA. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Another example of Amazon using a hammer to kill a fly. There’s no reason nails or eyelashes would be hazardous that I can think of other than Amazon painting all beauty products with a broad brush.

On the other hand, soap should not be returnable at all, but all our listings have returnable on them. Fortunately we have only ever gotten 2 returns in 8 years but the point is we don’t want your used soap back, we just refund.

-Ana

2 Likes

Wonder if Dogtamer has a Gif for that one? :crazy_face:

Actually I think it was Dogtamer who coined that phrase initially on the OSFE. He has the ubiquitous “Nail meets hammer” gif, so I’m sure he could have one for killing a fly with a sledgehammer. :laughing:

-Ana

I cannot claim to have coined the phrase “Nail, meet hammer” - it was in use on both the maternal & paternal sides of my family long before I was born (or, as some would have it, ‘hatched’ :slight_smile:), and longer-still by others - but I cannot deny that I was well-known for using it back in the last two iterations of the OSFE.

Many of what I consider to be the best of my gifs were actually cribbed from original posts made by other members of our Seller Community (prominent among them being those crafted by our fellow SAS members @SawleMill & @VTR), but I’ll need to see what I can do to come up with one where an innocuous fly goes splat under Amazon’s ever-present sledgehammer, as the lack of such surely is a hole in my repertoire.