Anyone successfully use Google Voice number to verify with Amazon as business phone number?

Hi,
I’m a low volume seller who doesn’t have a separate business phone number. I’m afraid that if I put my cell number as business phone, Amazon would publish it to the world. I’m thinking about signing up for Google Voice and give that number to Amazon. It can forward the call my cellphone in case if Amazon wants to verify it. I wonder if anyone successfully verify with Google Voice number? Please share your experience. Thanks.

3 Likes

A reasonable concern, though so far Amazon has never published the number that I provide as my business line.

I use a separate (Google Voice) number for customer service, and I do publish that on my store profile.

My state has indeed verified the Google Voice customer service number with a call and a text.

3 Likes

I have had my cell phone number listed with Amazon for years, and I’ve never had any issues. They don’t publish the number that you enter under your Business Address on your Storefront.

3 Likes

My Google Voice number is my business number. I have a green check next to phone number.

4 Likes

Phone numbers are voluntarily published.

2 Likes

Your number will only be published if you list it as a customer service number.
The phone number you give to Amazon is for their use only.

2 Likes

Yes the number I verified is a google voice number - all they did was send an sms pin to the number to verify it

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. So I need to make sure that my new Google Voice could receive text messages (I think it’s in Google Voice app Voice).

4 Likes