Attract Federal Customers by Confirming your 889 Status

Anyone else get this email?

2 Likes

Not yet, and given my super low tech product line, I’d be quite surprised if I did.

But yeah, it’s a thing for some people making sure that nobody working for the company uses a Huawei…

1 Like

Are there any smartphones, switches or routers made in the USA?

And if there are, are they using open source software?

I have no clue what telecommunications equipment which cannot compromise national security or if there is any.

And I worked for some telecommunications giants in the past.

There is no way that I could sign that form.

1 Like

We have for our military clients outside of Amazon. Amazon has not sent us that particular email.
My first request was in 2021.

I complete the form on demand as requested. Almost all of our government or military orders require me to send the completed form.

3 Likes

Cisco is allowed.

The list of not allowed is actually not as big as you think.

3 Likes

I believe that Allen-Bradley now owned by Rockwell Automation still manufactures switches and routers in their Milwaukee facility.

Their stuff isn’t cheap, Allen-Bradley’s Stratix 5410 Industrial Distribution Switches costs about $20K.

American tech company, Librem produces its privacy-focused Linux smartphone, Librem 5, in the USA.

Currently unavailable ’ due to parts procurement lead-times’ :man_shrugging:

Domestically sourced and produced tech is available, but the average person/company is likely unable to get or afford it.

3 Likes

@Sundance I was actually thinking to post the same question here! We also received an email.

I checked our phones super quickly last week…and it appears Poly/Plantronics devices were OK. (Though I’d want to triple check before actually submitting!) We have mulitple offices, so I think we’d have to certify that all of our locations are in compliance, not just the ones that do Amz fulfillment.

@SawleMill - our product line is super low tech. My thinking is that we’re a B2B product, and/or the fact that some government customer has ordered from us in the past (at least that’s what it shows in B2B Central has gotten us flagged as a potential government supplier.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what an “AB Seller ID” is?

You will wish to independently verify this but I think that is your Amazon merchant token.

Settings >> Account Info >> Merchant Token