Bots going wild again.

Noxzema is now a hand sanitizer.

And for the 15th time since the pandemic Dial Liquid Hand soap is down again.

And apparently a new Minoxidil bots is loose hitting a bunch of NON-Minoxidil items

:man_shrugging:
There may be outside of the US. Noxzema is owned by Unilever in the US. But a Greek company elsewhere. The Greek company has had numerous branded products including shaving creams and might have branded a hand-sanitizer.

2 Likes

1 Like

And a ā€œlidocaineā€ bot is loose now too.

If your item contains the words ā€œFreezeā€ & ā€œSprayā€ = Bot attack

Oh man, where will I buy my hair spray now?!?!?! :rofl:

4 Likes

OMG everyday with the Lidocaine bot.
Now ā€œJust For Menā€ beard color

1 Like

21 more today. Identified as hand sanitizers.

Hereā€™s some of the list :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Iā€™m going through my listings as wellā€¦amazing how many were in the wrong category because AI thought it was smart.

Iā€™m curious if this is really a dumb bot problem, or a sneaky seller one?

I only ask because I had a bunch of listings dog-paged a week ago because some evil seller added prohibited words to the backend, which tricked the bots into thinking the listings were tied to the Washington no-longer-Redskins NFL team.

Have you checked any of your listings for improper keywords?

2 Likes

I was going through my Listing Quality Dashboard and found a few books mis-categorized.

1. An instruction book on how to knit & crochet hats for babies. The bots had it listed as a hat and wanted to know the size, material and other features.

2. Another book of knitting instructions to make sweaters. The bots had it listed as a sweater and wanted to know the size, color, etc.

3. The last book was listed as a basket. There were no key words in the title or subject where the book could be mistaken for a basket.

And so it goesā€¦

The National Geographic bot is running again. Trademark violations for used NatGeo publications.

Of course. National Geographic is a Disney Company.
National Geographic magazines, Seven Dwarves lawn ornaments, or a plush Brā€™er Rabbit doll they require Disneyā€™s licensed blessing.

1 Like

For meā€¦Ivory Fabric, threw it into Fabric. Fixed once I said Ivory Material.

Gold Lace threw it into shoe laces.

Burgundy Candle threw it into candles

Three handmade were in the marketplace ā€“ their solution is to delete and start over.

Mantel scarf landed in scarves

I have about 10 left to fixā€¦sometime next week.

1 Like

And todayā€™s Bing survey tells us a majority of respondents think that AI will become self-aware.

1 Like

Which doesnā€™t really mean much.

Iā€™ve got a poll demonstrating 1 out of 10 Sellers think Amazon shouldnā€™t recognize U.S. sovereignty. People should take poll and election results with a certain degree of levity.

1 Like

Do you actually believe the opinions of any majority are valid, well thought out and worth respect?

Or do you believe the concept of freedom to have an opinion is worthy of respect whether the opinions are valid?

I think I know the answer and we probably share the same answer.

1 Like

I think half the people are of below average intelligence. Therefore, no the opinions of the majority canā€™t be relied on to be well thought out. However, having studied many forms of government throughout the annals of history, and having seen and experienced several directly.; Democracy is by far the best, so it should be respected. Within reason.

I believe that all should, in a free and ordered society, be permitted to have, hold, and express an opinion. No matter how asinine, foolhardy, noble, considered, reasoned, and/or vampent. Having an opinion particularly if it differs from mine doesnā€™t instantly become valid. Everyone should be permitted a voice, and should be measured by others by their exercise thereof.

In other words, I hold this truth to be self evident

4 Likes

Which is why our founding fathers chose a Republic, not a democracy for our form of government. The ultimate Democracy, government by plebiscite, is comparable to totalitarianism.

2 Likes

Hahaha! was just coming back here to vent.

Downloaded to catalog to see if my fixes stuck.

Decided to update and complete many of the fields in the columnsā€¦like in Handmade we didnā€™t have to have bullet points and as long as we didnā€™t edit the listing, they would stay active. Well, edit, add bullets, then save. So Iā€™m adding bullet points.

Found some that were still in the wrong category ā€“ table runner in tablecloth type stuff.

Say a prayer for meā€¦my neck is killing me righ now from staring at the screen and fixing.

I THOUGHT some of these things were good to go a long time agoā€¦but AI got a hold of stuff.

1 Like

You should consider a larger display with an adjustable height. You shouldnā€™t experience any discomfort from lengthy use on modern displays that are properly adjusted.

1 Like