Brazil/Mexico Marketplaces

So, after reading another discussion here about enrollment in the Mexico/Brazil marketplaces, I realized I had not fully disconnected from these markeplaces with my products.

Last week, I had two sales out of Mexico for FBA items. I got a notice from Amazon that I don’t have a deposit method for Mexico to collect the proceeds for the Mexico sales.

But now the problem is that in order to add my bank info to the Mexico marketplace account, I have to select a bank location in any country OTHER THAN THE US (my location). United States doesn’t appear in the Bank Location drop down menu.

Any ideas on how to get the money for the few sales on the Mexico account? What am I missing here?

Also, I am reading something about disabling synchronization so that my FBA offers dont end up on other marketplaces but I don’t know what this means or where to find it…any guidance appreciated.

So friggin’ complicated anymore.

5 Likes

That’s a complicated exercise, to be sure - in fact, so complex that I was compelled to compile a tutorial about how to ensure that things are locked down, in regards to unwanted involvement in Global Selling, here:

I’ve seen more than a few reports of this phenomenon over the last few years over in the NSFE (including one I read earlier today), but I have not been able to discern whether anyone has solved it w/o resort to Seller Support (and only sparingly, even then, dammit).

3 Likes

To get the monies from sales in other markets, you could try using Payoneer. It’s more or less a virtual bank account anywhere you want it to be. I used it with Amazon a long, long time ago and I use it now for Walmart. I haven’t had any issues with them.

Good Luck,

TJB

5 Likes

This is a good idea and easy to set up. Have it for Walmart. Set it and forget it.

3 Likes

i did all that (and then some) and STILL my products are being offered in Mexico (at least)…so now I get double the ‘battery compliance’ requests for items that don’t use batteries, etc. and questions about VAT invoices etc.

4 Likes

I just looked and was surprised to see that a product I recently added is now available for purchase in Brazil even though I have Brazil on vacation status.

Are the products that got sold something you added recently? I went back to the US Amazon site, went to edit the item and disabled Brazil from the country list on the very bottom of the first page. Now it’s out of Brazil.

Unfortunately, you might have to check this for all your stock. Luckily the product I added isn’t real popular so I didn’t get any sales for it.

Good Luck,

TJB

4 Likes

All of my inventory being offered in the other two marketplaces are from FBA. I presume my FBM orders are not added because I have both marketplaces on vacation.

All of my FBA products, old or new, were added to the Brazil/Mexico markets (but never were added to Canada due to some error).

When I try to unselect the brazil and/or mexico marketplace through the US listing editor, I get an error. However, I finally have my FBA inventory in those marketplaces showing 0 inventory.

2 Likes

You sure this wasn’t done by FBA Export that got turned on for everyone automatically if the seller didn’t opt out?

3 Likes

no clue where that setting even is.

2 Likes

Here’s the path: Settings → Fulfillment by Amazon → just keep scrolling down until you find it.

There’s other BS you may have been pulled into as well that you may wish to review.

(May Wish) - Now I sound like JWS Market from OSFE - LOL

4 Likes

It’s linked in the tutorial I that I linked in my first reply upthread (Post # 2); the “Export Settings” Dashboard should be able to be found here, for a US-domiciled SoA Account like yours:

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/ssof/export/settings/merchant-export-cfg.html/ref=ag_fbasigup_cont_fbasetting?&mkp=ATVPDKIKX0DER to the

4 Likes

I went through and did that…just don’t remember the screen looking like the one posted above. Thanks!

2 Likes