Charge method glitch?

Still spreading:

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/a1e11363-556e-4c98-a8af-f5c5c2fdcddc

Sigh.

1 Like

And still, Mods keep repeating the same brainless copy-paste info on every single case, instead of thinking “hey, could this be a tech issue?” :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Apparently, it’s only going to get worse before it gets better:

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/1bfb5e9a-ad1a-489e-9f5d-0d761cd9532d

HELPFUL SELLER:

SAD OP:

AMAZON FORUM MODERATORS:

That particular user - whose NSFE Posting history over the last 7 months or so (link, first-known post) will bear up these assertions to even the Most Casual Of Observers, I feel sure - is not only very knowledgeable, but has also spent a good deal of time trying to help others over there.

Methinks I smell a seasoned and savvy forum veteran in another guise; I haven’t conducted a deeper dive to see if I can identify who it might be, because s/he has long-since convinced me that they’re entirely on the up-and-up.

2 Likes

What are the chances of Amazon trying to force Mastercard into kowtowing to the same kind of agreement it extracted from Visa in 2022 in that long-running global conglomerate dispute, and that what we’re seeing now is collateral damage stemming from yet another instance of the same?

I am reminded of the change mentioned last month:

There have appeared an increasing number of mentions, in the last few days over on the NSFE, that substituting a Visa debit card for the Charge Method Manager Snafu has sufficed to restore access, such as here:

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/1bfb5e9a-ad1a-489e-9f5d-0d761cd9532d?postId=077dcaff-1eff-4918-8c41-b53ce312f8bf

More and more cases, and mods still copy-pasting the “charge method handbook” without giving importance at all to the issue… :roll_eyes:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/f3bc999e-72bb-4d4c-82ad-54f899de620f

This is when–on the OSFE–I (taking a cue from seeing @oneida_books do it first, several times) would create an “omnibus” topic, with links to all relevant threads and tagging (helpful) mods, saying something like:

5 Likes

Put that in your pipe, Katie, and smoke it `til you choke.

1 Like

CR just posted this to the NSFE less than an hour ago (added emphasis mine):

https: //sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/ab12ffd5-f418-40d8-86b8-bd249bda3494?postId=f2066a48-5f88-46fd-99dc-1eac6e6ddf05

Revealing, methinks, on more than a singular front.

Apparently, Amazon finally decided to acknowledge the situation as an “issue” and is working on it…after one week of sellers flooding the forum reporting it… :unamused:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/8a8e2db4-4aca-4c32-b115-c9872ae8e3a0

2 Likes

I’ve always found the fact that they block access to your seller account for an invalid charge method to be insane. Withholding payment is one thing, but not allowing you access to change your listings (or even say, put your account into vacation mode if you’re FBM) is a little bit ridiculous. Imagine a situation where a seller is locked out for a week while waiting for a new card to arrive.

3 Likes

Well, SS did. To one Seller.
No mod announcement that I saw.

1 Like

Correct. Maybe a scripted umbrella answer for when there’s a seller tells them “many others” have the same issue… :thinking:

Well, let’s wait and see if some mod decides to appear and offer some clarification.

1 Like

…while orders keep coming in, and then marked as late, due to the inability of said seller to fulfill them. It’s simply stupid.

2 Likes

I don’t have this issue as FBA (even there, if you have a customer service request… NOPE), but yeah, it’s a little ridiculous they’ll let FBM orders pile up while not giving the seller enough access to fulfill said orders.

2 Likes

I’m in Canada and have been using the same bank account (not a credit or debit card) for my bi-weekly payments from Amazon since the launch of Amazon Handmade. I should have received a disbursement today, instead, I received the e-mail:

"Dear Selling Partner,

Your scheduled payment of xyz USD has been cancelled because your payment method on file is invalid. Funds will not be transferred to you until you provide a valid charge method.

Why is this happening?
For billing and security purposes, we require that you maintain a valid charge method on file. For more information, please refer to our payment and charge method policy [here]

How do I resolve this?
To resume payments on your account, it is first necessary to update your charge method. Please follow the instructions to update your credit card. After you update your charge method, a payment will be initiated on your next scheduled settlement date.

What happens if I do not update my charge method?
All payments will be suspended until your charge method information has been updated, and you may have restricted access to Seller Central and other selling tools until your charge method has been updated.

Have your payments been suspended in error?
If you believe that the charge method information you have entered is correct and that you have received this message in error, please contact your financial institution for information regarding the problem with verification.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.
Amazon Services"

Well, my husband works for the bank where I have my account, so I know for sure that my information is correct! :grimacing:

They’re saying the credit/debit card you have on file is invalid, not the bank account information.

3 Likes

I noticed that after reading a second/third/fourth… time and realising that I also do not have access to my account and the only clickable link leads to my credit card on file (Capital One). Off to read the links provided links here (thanks @Dogtamer) to see if changing the credit card helped others…

1 Like

Yeah… they completely lock you out if your card is invalid.

The reason for this being that the most important thing Amazon cares about is being able to charge you if your seller account runs into the red.

1 Like