Coupon Party? Huh

This is a new one… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

This can only end well

6 Likes

I only got this on my better account. Weird.

Anyone else get it?

2 Likes

Is this an Amazon thing? It sounds like a sketchy facebook group trying to bilk discounts from sellers.

2 Likes

It’s an Amazon thing and it did seem sketch.

2 Likes

Indeed it does, and yet…

2 Likes

Was this an email, received today? The first day of the party that no one has heard of. Good thing they gave you plenty of time to plan your coupons :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sorry, this still sounds like a pitch I overheard walking by an Amway meeting.

2 Likes

The NSFE is NOT on top of things right now. :grimacing:

I did search Facebook for it.

Meanwhile, some great suggestions in a reply on the NSFE, about how to make the “coupon party” fun for customers AND Sellers…which Veronica_Amazon shut down real fast.

“No, the designated drivers may only drink WATER! No soda! No juice! Lukewarm tap water ONLY!”

2 Likes

On the coupons page

on the Amazon landing page

2 Likes

I believe it’s coming from Amazon, I just think it still sounds like my sister’s annoying friend who won’t shut up about how great Avon is.

2 Likes

I think it’s crazy there was no advance promotion. Avon is probably better than that!

1 Like

It’s also stupid. If Amazon wanted sellers to get behind this, May 1st is when it should have been announced.

I got the email on one of my 2 accounts. Nothing in the news. I don’t go to the NSFE anymore so not sure if it’s there and my SAS manager never mentioned it either. In fact, I asked him a question about it and he said he needed to get back to me…

Typical.

5 Likes

Hmm. They said “Your customers”. So they are our customers? Cool.

3 Likes

Someone’s gonna get fired for that.

Nothing is ours when it comes to Amazon, except for our money. That they will happily take without an issue.

And they will let despicable sellers take our money too because that gets Amazon more money.

Must be a party over at Amazon this week. Coupon party - where we take 60 cents for doing absolutely nothing for every coupon redeemed.

10 million coupons redeemed with this coupon party - $6M in zero-overhead profit for Amazon. Sounds good to me, if I were Amazon.

ETA - my bad… Gotta take 15 percent off that $6M for the commission. Even so.

I forget the rule. Amazon probably makes sellers pay the commish on the full price before the coup. Wouldn’t shock me.

6 Likes

I never got the email — not that I would have dropped everything to create last-minute coupons for their lame party.

Handmade always gets shafted in these events, anyhow. I’ve had 20% off coupons that were nowhere to be found, while the first 20 pages of search showed “best seller” items that were only 5% off. After several coupon/sale events where my coupons were invisible in search, I lost the incentive to waste further time on it.

4 Likes

I am sure there are are some well compensated marketing people who have survived the Amazon layoffs and are looking for ways to boost sales and their metrics before the end of this quarter.

There appears to be activity by other venues as well to motivate sellers to cut prices to boost sales, so I assume there appears to be some sales weakness, perhaps due to the uncertainty the debt ceiling talks are creating, perhaps due to other economic factors affecting buyers.

3 Likes

I moved some off topic replies. --papy

2 Likes

So can anyone just add a coupon and it should show up?

It does seem like Handmade has dropped the ball once again. Now there is a Handmade section in the coupon party page, but I never did receive any information on it or see anything posted in the Handmade forum about it.

I created a coupon so we shall see if it shows up. If not oh well, of so, oh well. LOL.

3 Likes