[eCommerceBytes] Amazon to add Ground Advantage, soon

No word on when soon is.

2 Likes

When will eventually be now?

It never was yesterday,
it will never be tomorrow,
it is always today.
Just when you think tomorrow will arrive…
Nope, still TODAY!

3 Likes

I get the sense they’re hoping Amazon won’t read anything but the title. Because the title makes it sound like Amazon is doing something good… implementing this new service for sellers benefits.

But then the article reveals Amazon is doing something bad… not having managed to implement the changes from 11 days ago that every other ecommerce platform managed to do on time. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

On NSFE

Our Response

Our Follow UP

Some how we feel they won’t get it implemented correctly the first time … especially if they don’t know the parameters stated by USPS.

6 Likes

I was thinking they might not know what the word “exceed” means. :laughing:

1 Like

The Acknowledgement of Error

1 Like

KJ has ALWAYS been stalwart in stepping up to the plate & taking a beanball to her noggin for the home team.

Over time, I’ve come to appreciate that admirable quality (exemplifying the historical exemplars set by former members of the ASF’s FMT @ least since Lauren was running the show, and the many years when Susan was) much more than I initially did.

2 Likes

KJ has ALWAYS been stalwart in stepping up to the plate & taking a beanball to her noggin for the home team.

Isn’t KJ a guy?

Possibly so, but the available evidence I’m aware of (from both public & private mentions in the OSFE after the “New Year, New Voices” Initiative brooked dawn) seems to suggest otherwise.

If you didn’t get this

Dear Seller,

In July, the United States Postal Service (USPS) launched a new domestic shipping service called USPS Ground Advantage, which consolidates the current First-Class package service, Parcel Select ground, and Parcel Select Cubic shipping methods. We’re currently working to bring this shipping service to you with Amazon Buy Shipping.

Once enabled, USPS Ground Advantage will offer the following ship methods:

• USPS Ground Advantage Light: For packages less than 1 lb.
  • USPS Ground Advantage Heavy: For packages 1lb to 70 lb.
  • USPS Ground Advantage Cubic: Dimension-based ship method for packages that exceed 70 lb.

With the USPS Ground Advantage rebrand, USPS updated their shipping service prices. Those new prices have been replicated in Buy Shipping and will remain in place.

When the new ship methods launch, you can purchase labels through Amazon Buy Shipping and your existing ship methods will automatically update to the equivalent USPS Ground Advantage ship method.

In the meantime, you can continue to use existing USPS shipping services for your orders.

We’ll share more information on the launch date and any actions to take when we enable the new ship methods.

To learn more about the USPS Ground Advantage ship methods, go to USPS Ground Advantage.

Seller Fulfilled Services

Per Veeqo

As per your other query, Ground Advantage will be available through Veeqo in August. In the meantime you can continue to use USPS Parcel Select Ground and USPS First Class Package, and these services will continue to be available for a period of time after Ground Advantage launches

2 Likes

And we got them to correct this line on the News_Amazon thread. USPS does not take any package over 70lb with any service.

USPS Ground Advantage is coming soon to Amazon Buy Shipping

As you can see in the thread, that line has been corrected.

2 Likes

The mods you tagged may not be okay with being called out for their employer’s dissemination of incorrect information, reminding me of the old saying, “No good deed shall go unpunished.”

Marilyn

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.