Error: We found potential issue in this variation...

Seeing this when I open the parent:

But it has no alerts or guidance on what the issue might be. But, if I go here:

The only sign of an issue on the actual page is my reviews/review count aren’t combining entirely under the parent.

Any ideas where to look to fix this issue?

1 Like

Oh, I see, you’re Woof Linen, with the adorable dogs. Thumbs up for this guy, and the artist who created this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: -

Odd that you would suddenly have an error on that listing, which appears to have been around a long time. Did you try opening the individual children for editing to see if you can find the error there?

The only sign of an issue on the actual page is my reviews/review count aren’t combining entirely under the parent.

I believe this was an intentional change some time back. Amazon started to separate reviews on a variation page so they stayed attached to their individual ASIN’s.

1 Like

You may have to delete the parent, wait 24 hours and try re-creating the parent with a flat file. Seems to be the “turn if off and turn it back on” solution when parents have odd issues.

1 Like

the reviews suddenly started working, but I’m seeing the error any time I hit the EDIT on the Parent ASIN. Gives no hint as to why.

I went to the Child ASINs and into EDIT and don’t see any.

The dog in the photo is Nacho, he was our only dude, and right after we adopted he became a natural model. He loved posing for the camera, it was weird. We have hundreds of photos of him doing different stances in sheets (and with accessories). None of our other dogs came close to ease of photoshoots.

He unfortunately passed away a couple years after this was taken, but was one of four of our own rescues that we used in promotional materials.

His first owners were, how do I put this, tough on him. so was glad we could give him a good life in the end.

I’m hoping that since the relationships are fresh, maybe the error will clear after 24 hours.

1 Like

He unfortunately passed away a couple years after this was taken

In light of this, the “Do Good, Sleep Well” line seems to be a fitting tribute to him. I’m sorry you lost him, but he lives on in your Amazon listings. :heart:

I went to the Child ASINs and into EDIT and don’t see any.

Strange. :thinking: And you have the advanced view turned on to see all of the available fields?

Did you try the edit links on the children from within the parent listing, on the page you screenprinted where the errors appear? (grasping at straws)

1 Like

I liked the idea! But still nothing. Have it in advanced view. Very strange. I’m just going to give it until tomorrow before I try to tinker and make it worse.

@casbboy any update?

Nope, they couldn’t figure it out.

I put the task on Brand REgistry and SAS to update the parent title to put it into “compliance”, and they said it was fine, even though they restricted the children listings for having the same title.

In short, they said don’t worry about the parent title, as the category this parent ASIN is in absorbs all its attributes from the children anyway. So though I consider the title out of compliance, it is naturally in compliance due to the children having the correct item titles.

Sure it is. So I promised I’d reference the ticket once it got flagged.

This is the way. Yikes.

1 Like