Etsy and no tracking, is it allowed?

For the Handmade members here, I was wondering if Etsy allows for no tracking like Amazon does. We have sold on Etsy for over 10 years, but we always use tracking.

We have a brand, that ships in a machinable envelope as a “flat” and can go without tracking on Amazon. It is under $10 so that is fine with Amazon and we never get dinged.

Thanks in advance everyone!

2 Likes

Yes. You can mark an item as complete and select ‘This item has no tracking.’

BUT

It will affect your Star Seller rating - as in, if you have too many of them you won’t get the ‘Smooth Shipping’ badge. Not sure it really matters much, though.

3 Likes

This is what it looks like - the thing I’ve marked with the red box is actually a button you can click.

ETA: There are tons and tons of people who sell little things (like stickers) on Etsy and mail them with stamps - so no tracking. They had a fit because they couldn’t ever get Star Seller (which used to require all 3 metrics). Etsy resolved it by breaking them out - Timely Replies, Ratings and Smooth Shipping.

3 Likes

We goal to make sure we keep our “Star Seller Rating” though the item highlighted above. has me concerned, “Smooth Shipping”, I had no idea, what that is or was. Somehow I am not sure I want to…

1 Like

This is what it looks like:

The target for the shipping metric is 95% on time with tracking.

But - honestly - I think this is just “noise” at this point, and I highly doubt customers even notice. The only consideration is that Etsy claims they don’t use these for search bumps, but they have said they “might” in the future.

3 Likes

Yes, but you are required to purchase the First-Class Mail Envelop Stamp/Label directly through Etsy.

How to Ship First-Class Flats and Letters with Etsy Shipping Labels [link]

Click for additional info on envelope tracking

2 Likes

…to offer First-Class USPS flats and letters with tracking information included. We’re proud to be the only e-commerce shipping label provider to offer this service from Pitney Bowes.

That is very interesting, thank you for that information.

D I think this just made my subscription charges for SAS ( Sellers Ask Sellers ) worth every penny I have paid. :laughing: :wink:

6 Likes

Speaking for all Etsy customers, everywhere: we don’t. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like