FC transfer units no longer showing under Manage inventory

I just realized that there’s yet another very annoying change: the units in FC transfer are no longer showing under each ASIN in Manage inventory. After asking the Seller Assistant, it looks like this was somewhat obscurely announced last year:

Until very recently, I was able to see at a glance when I opened Manage inventory, not only my current stock, but the units in FC transfer under Reserve, so I would have a good idea on my real inventory count without having to open the details every time. For me, this is an obvious problem, because it makes me click every time to be able to see my real levels of stock; it might even cause me to order more stock than needed because of not readily seeing the units in FC transfer status unless I click on the details.

I do rely on other real-time data and reports for restocking purposes, but I do check all listings under Manage Inventory and this was simply a good way to get a good idea at a glance on how all products are doing stock-wise.

If it ain’t broke, why the h*** do you have to keep breaking it, Amazon???

Yea… Noticed this last week and panicked a bit. You can see the inventory if you drill into it but you are correct, they changed something for the absolute worse.

And they changed this with no notice and no heads up. I really wouldn’t care if I needed to add a click to my routine. Just knowing that they were making this change would have been nice.

On the Shipping Queue it now shows Located Units and what is available as Prime Eligible.
(somehow they located 7 more units than what was sent to them on the first item in this example).

On the Manage Inventory page the units in transfer, or researching, are not included on the main page display, you need to click on the Available quantity link, (or any of the other blue number links) to get the whole picture of how much inventory is really On-hand. I think transfers used to be part of Reserved and included in that total.

Adds an extra step per sku to check my inventory levels. This example is minimal but when there’s a lot in transfer status it can make a difference when preparing how much to re-order or re-stock.

I am seeing units in “FC Processing” status under “Reserved” on the main FBA inventory summary:

Inbound
On-hand
Reserved
Researching
Unfulfillable

Where that hurts is that only “On-hand” units are counted for the FBA “low inventory fee” over in the next summary column to the right

On-hand
Recommended min. level

I posted about the “Low Inventory Fee” elsewhere, as this seems nothing but a cash-grab without any advance notice.

Shame someone didn’t bring this up earlier… :rofl:

Yes, I did miss your post but my point was about changes in how it was displayed, not discrepancies in the data.
Could the new display changes be behind the updating delays?

Yup. If they follow the old trends where the logistics system being used cannot be tapped into for delivery, the inventory is outside of the normal transfer system where it is not available for sale, so most likely not accountable as either available FC Transfer and instead in FC processing.
There is definitely a correlation with inventory being hidden for the internal transfers, being not a single of our SPD/LTL shipments that have been split 5 ways, has this issue, only the 3 way and single point LTL/SPD inventory is having this anomaly… at least for us.

YES! You’re right. We only have 1 listing that we don’t split bc it doesn’t make financial sense. That is the one where we are seeing this, and only this one…

I thought Amazon literally lost 2500 units. ■■■■ my pants a bit bc our plan for the year is done and actioned, in terms of planning and PO’s.

snl-parody

Been there, done that.