“This is not going away,” Mr. Dryhurst says. “As a society, we have to digest that all media is now training data, and any style—even a timbre in music—is going to be a non-protectable thing.”
Any design, idea, written word will be at risk. IP enforcement could become impossible.
I deal with suspected IP violations daily due to listing foreign collectible postage stamps. Some of the stuff that is suspected is scratch your head and wonder why crapola. Putting Manama in a title got me one. Manama is the capitol city of Bahrain and it was printed on the stamp. But I assume it is also a brand. Kabuki got me another suspected and the list goes on and on. It is easier just to remove the suspected IP violation than to fight it because I would be fighting a never ending battle.
I can recommend two good attorneys. One is in rural NH (forgot her name off the top of my head) and the other is kind of a colleague in that he represents my trade group - Paul Rafelson.