Getting Business Verified

Hi All,
We’ve decided to dip our toes into selling on Walmart. We’ve been waiting for almost a week now to get our business verified. Is this typical for Walmart? How long is the verification process supposed to take?

3 Likes

Ours took about 6 weeks, but that was 6 years ago. Maybe @ASV_Vites or @Roxy can give you more updated info.

2 Likes

It was nearly instant (within 24 hours). Registered in Nov of 2022 with our EIN.

Good Luck
Steve

4 Likes

Thanks Steve,
Not sure what is going. I filled out all my business info, EIN, etc. Everything is correct on our end.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t be the first to have a problem (in recent times) signing up for Walmart. They have gotten weird…

Their goal is to build up that marketplace but that’s kinda hard to do if you don’t let sellers sell.

We had some issues and a long wait when the reverifications happened there over the summer but it eventually got resolved. They didn’t suspend us while that was going on.

3 Likes

They seem to be in a period of weird delay right now :grimacing:

3 Likes

I ended up opening a support ticket and now know what the issue is. Years ago I found a seller on Walmart who was selling completely different items from us, but using our brand name (we are trademarked). I filled out all the required paperwork for Walmart and that seller was shutdown. Fast forward to now, Walmart thinks we are the seller who got shutdown, instead of being the actual legitimate brand. They are asking for a appeal. I am going to start the process. Wish me luck!

Definitely! :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

I was onboarded fairly quickly about the same time 7 or so years ago. I was on Jet at the time when they purchased them so they were quick to convert me to Walmart.

@Catsaremyjam Good luck to you in the process! I have been seeing strange issues lately that I haven’t experienced in all my years with Walmart so maybe they are tinkering with stuff at the moment. At least with Walmart I feel like the support crew is competent and actually helps you.

2 Likes

Just wanted to update everyone. We were able to get our account cleared up, but then Walmart turned around and told us that we are not eligible to sell on their platform and that we cannot appeal the decision. Just done.

I went to the main Walmart Marketplace site and did some digging. I see that there is a different company who has stolen our photos and selling some of our designs on the Walmart Marketplace. We are not new to this as it happens constantly on AMZ. I wonder if this is the reason we got declined? It’s like everywhere I look there are other bad actors stealing our designs and photos. I’m constantly playing whack a mole. We are a small family owned company. Anyway, not sure what we will do from here. Maybe I will try to reapply or maybe I just continue to focus on the platforms that we currently sell on.

Sorry to hear you were declined. Is there anything that could be seen as a red flag? DBA? Any documents miss matched? I am not sure what they ask for now to start an account but if you let us all know I am sure someone will chime in with what might be wrong.

2 Likes

I appreciate your support. I run our business like a well oiled machine. We have all our ducks in a row. We have a trademark, EIN, GTIN codes for each product.

The only thing I can think of is someone else wrote in the Reddit forum that Walmart likes for you to have a separate business address and not use your home address as your legal business address. Even though we operate out of a separate warehouse, I have not switched our legal business address from our residential address. Only because we are planning on moving out of our warehouse space into a larger space, so I don’t want to keep changing the legal address for our business. Not sure if this could be the one problem?

Not sure that Walmart is worth it but you could consider getting a lawyer involved here. Walmart is still relatively small and even a low level, (low $), attorney may be able to get through to them to clear this up and knock out the bad actor there.

We do have a lawyer that we work with and I will consider this seriously.

Digging further it looks like the company that I reported and shut down on Walmart years ago for using our brand name basically committed business identity theft. They stole our EIN and names (all public record) to open up their Walmart shop. Not sure how Walmart confirmed businesses back then, but they obviously did not check identification.

Fast forward to now, Walmart thinks we are the same fraudulent company trying to open up shop again. I get Walmart being cautious, but we are actually the real company now. Looks like if we do want to sell on Walmart we will have to get a lawyer involved. Will probably shelve this and revisit in the new year.

1 Like

Do you have a phone contact that you could possibly reach out to?
I have a name and number of someone who was very helpful to me.
Message me if you’d like his information.

2 Likes

I do not have a contact to reach out to Walmart and Walmart has completely blocked my ability to even sign into my account. This is my first time posting in the forum and do not know how to message people. I went to your profile, but could not find a direct message tab. I would love to get in touch with someone who may be able to help. Thank you.

1 Like

@Catsaremyjam , @JustForFunStuff will need to message you because your SAS profile is new and still earning the PM privilege :grin:

1 Like

thanks @papy
@catsaremyjam I will send you a message.

3 Likes