How can I set up a promotion "Save X% On 1 when you buy 2"

I was looking to do a promotion “Save X% on 1 when you buy 2,” but I can’t seem to get the options right.

I have not had any luck with “Buy One Get One [Free]” and “Percentage Off” only allows a % off the entire order.

I posted on the main forums, and not even the mods knew how to do it. I see it currently in action for a chinese company, so I know its possible.

Here is an example of what I’m looking to do:

unnamed435643

1 Like

I saw this on a product page and couldn’t figure out how to do it, either. They had it in tiers: buy more, save more on ONE of the items.

1 Like

No clue and no interest on Amazon since I can see all sorts of ‘creative’ buyers deciding to return ONE of the items and Amazon refunding the full price instead of the discounted one. Score another ‘delighted buyer’.

I have almost every item on eBay set up with a multiple item discounts with the exceptions being MAP items. They make it very simple since it’s right in the listing template.

If Amazon can’t make things complicated they aren’t doing their job correctly…

2 Likes

I believe this is reserved for 1P listings (Sold by / Shipped by Amazon).

Amazon historically holds new promo types for themselves for a period of time and if they work well, open them up to the common folk.

A good example of this is the “Save X on your first subscribe and save”. That was exclusive to 1P listings for a bit and now anyone can do it.

I would caution against this promotion. What happens is the buyer takes advantage of you and then cancels their subscription before they even get the first reorder.

If you want to test it on your own, start small and see what happens over a few month period with your subscriber count.

2 Likes

Definitely not a 1P listing, this is a ■■■■■■ chinese seller running the promotion.

Here is the link: Amazon.com: Buy 2, save 30% on 1 promotion

2 Likes

But click on them and the deal is buy 3, get 1 free.

Depends on the product you click. This one is a good example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MCDZDVC?m=A1XDYM0Y8GAG92

1 Like

Strange but it almost seems like the normal promotions with wording changed. Instead of buy 2 get 15% off the order. Could it just be bad Chinese translations of the deal?

“The discount will be reflected on the final order checkout page and will be allocated proportionally to all promotion items in the Shopping Cart. For example, if the promotion offers $5 off item A, worth $10, when you purchase two qualifying items B and C, worth $20 each, the $5 will be divided proportionately between the three items, so item A will appear with a $1 discount, and each of the two other qualifying items will appear with a $2 discount.”

1 Like

That tracks with the order page. It takes 30% of the cheapest item, and splits it proportionally across all items.

2 Likes

Wondering if this is some sort of BETA test going on here. Or maybe it’s being tested in this seller’s category.

Are you selling in this category?

Or maybe overseas sellers can do whatever they want? Seems to fit the trend. IDK :man_shrugging: