How do I send a private message/email

Can someone tell how to send a private message/email to someone here on these boards? I tried help and the FAQ but nothing. I guess I’m using the wrong search term.

1 Like

If you click on their icon, there is a blue “message” button at the right of the banner that pops up.

4 Likes

@maintak is correct on the procedure, but SAS members must first hit Basic status Member status before having the PM option, and the time and activity required to do that varies–but you @CelticMink have indeed hit that milestone!

Another caveat is that the SAS user you want to PM must have that option enabled on their own profile, too.

3 Likes

Tutorial_messaging

5 Likes

Or another way would be to click on the Inbox under Messages in the left hand menu column
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 11-36-02 Inbox - Messages - Lost_My_Marbles - Sellers Ask Sellers

Then click on the message button on the right in the menu box that runs across the top of the inbox page.

Doing it this way allows for you to have a “group” type email where the exchange can be private between more than just two individuals.

3 Likes

How can one check that this is enabled?

Thanks!

@CelticMink You are a new member and do not yet have PM access

EDIT, I am wrong!

???

3 Likes

Whoops, my bad!

1 Like

How can one check that this is enabled?

'https://sellersasksellers.com/u/booknut7/preferences/users

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Well @Pepper_Thine_Angus you’re not alone in being wrong; I had the wrong trust level, but now corrected…

…and @CelticMink just hit that milestone “an hour ago,” so they should be able to PM, both individuals and groups, at this time.

2 Likes

I had the wrong trust level, but now corrected…

Must be nice to be able to edit your post after 8 hours. :wink:

1 Like

That’s why I’m here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like