How To Get Amazon Sale Price %off To Display

I have about 10 products that have had the same pricing for over a year.

I just put them on sale from $34.99 to $29.99. I was hoping it would show these ASINs on sale with the % Off in red. It has been 3 days and so far nothing special is showing up. It is just showing the sale price as the regular listing price.

Is there any trick to getting the sale price % off in red to display? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I am personally not sure of the current method, wondering if @Lost_My_Marbles or @ASV_Vites has the answer.

1 Like

Have you tried adding “List Price” as $34.99?

2 Likes

Yes, for several months the list price has been $44.99, and my price is $34.99. The new sale started a few days ago at $29.99.

2 Likes

Maybe it needs 48 hrs?

2 Likes

Its pretty simple actually - 3 steps.

Step 1 Have the list price on the listing and make sure it’s in both places (there are 2).
Step 2 Sell some units at that higher price for a couple months.
Step 3 Have your own website (if Private label) and have it hosted on a major platform like Woo / Shopify / Squarespace. Make sure the items are fully setup, meaning that the same barcode you use to identify the product on Amazon is present on the backend of the hosting site. And of course, price must be there to reference for Amazon’s web crawler.

Although it’s nice to have the cross out, you can’t run coupons on Amazon anymore under the 2-price model for some idiotic reason.

Like anything on Amazon, even if you do everything right, it’s still hit or miss sometimes in whether or not you will get the strikethrough.

3 Likes

I made the change on Thursday last week. Maybe it needs a week? Maybe that discount / sale bot only runs once in while?

1 Like

I see the List Price on the Offers Tab, but can’t find another list price.

1 Like

There’s:

Your Price
Sale Price
List Price

You want your price and list price to match. IDK why Amazon split the pricing up but the list price is right after “Offering Condition Price”. At least that’s how we see it on our listings on the backend (edit).

3 Likes

Thanks, changing list price to match my price. Hopefully something good will happen in a day or two.

3 Likes

Just curious, why does Amazon care if your price is equal to the list price - it rewards me by showing a green check mark on the Offers tab page when I make them equal.

2 Likes

That’s a question I can’t answer, along with lots of other things that seemingly make no sense.

I can only share our experience in what works and doesn’t, all while adding the caveat that what has worked for us or you might not work for either of us because that’s how silly the Amazon marketplace and what runs it is.

2 Likes

Would this be done by setting the “Sale Price” higher than both “Your Price” and the “List Price”?

And we read somewhere when researching this that the established price (“List Price”) verses that higher “Sale Price” was within the past 90 day period …

We have never been able to achieve having this; however, we have achieved Amazon telling us that our list price hasn’t changed in a while and needs to be changed …
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

There needs to be a solid history (months) of sales of significant volume sold at the list / your price with no sale price. Once that’s established, adding a sale price should lead to the strikethrough.

The system will not allow you to set your sale higher than your / list.

Another way to get the strikethrough is the “own site” method upthread. We’ve done it both ways.

Doesn’t matter anymore because we often run coupons and that can’t be done with the new stupid coupon system referencing the wrong price so all of this is out the window.

From a practical point of view, us losing our strikethroughs hasn’t done anything to our velocity so not really sure if having the strikethrough makes anyone feel better / adds to call to action, other than the seller themselves.

I can see this upsetting real brands though because what Amazon did isn’t cool and I don’t even think they intended to. I think it’s just garbage programming that will eventually be fixed.

3 Likes

Done over a year … and didn’t get strike through …

Also didn’t help us …

… an understatement

3 Likes

For full transparency, we always do things consistently, and methodically.

We never got the strikethrough on 40% of our listings.

1+1 on Amazon often = 25

4 Likes