Inbound Units Not Checking-in After Delivery

Hi, is there a way to have someone investigate why an inbound shipment has been stuck in “delivered” status for almost a month? (we don’t have an account manager if that is what it’s called)

We shipped over 7,000 units (2 pallets) from NJ, delivered to a fulfillment center in NJ. Delivered on January 15th, but it hasn’t entered the check-in phase.

ss keeps saying that the units may be in transfer, and they can’t do anything until March 7th.

For some reason I suspect they are abandoned in the yard… somehow

Thank you

1 Like

Wait until it lets you open a reimbursement case. If they say that’s March 7, then do it then.

Nothing else to do here. They won’t investigate this until then, it’s not like they’ll have a guy go look around the loading dock for your pallet.

2 Likes

May I ask if the FBA Inbound Shipment was destined for either TEB9 or ABE8?

I was embarrassed to ask this question for that very reason. But I couldn’t resist… Maybe someone has a magical trick up their sleeve

Thank you mate

1 Like

Sure. It is ABE8

1 Like

This is unusual, they have been very good for the last 18 months to us. Check-ins (LTL) within 3 days.

It’s likely that the pallets got put to the side and will be checked in eventually.

How many days of supply are you at right now for what’s on those pallets?

Amazon tends to check in things that are needed much faster than those that are not.

2 Likes

Sadly, we went out of stock today, and that’s our hero product.
We are well-organized to fulfill orders through FBM, but we are not Prime…

Just imagine what will happen once the low-inventory-level fee comes into effect.
Not fun.

1 Like

Sadly, 15 days into that month of waiting, a SPD shipment should have been made as a stop gap. If the inventory would have been received you would have had a month or half a month of sales anyway, so that should always be in the back of your mind unless this is a commodity like hazmat where you are limited on capacity and your one shipment eats it all up.

2 Likes

You are right VTR. Thanks for your insight!

I lacked experience here.
I was feeling confident and I was hoping every day that our inventory would start to be checked in, but it seems hopes alone don’t get the job done

2 Likes

I/we are regularly guilty of this here too. We have different people looking at different inventory and always ask… “Should I buffer this with a small shipment?” It is rare that a shipment is stalled for a month, and nearly each time we make a buffer shipment, the original shipment gets received the microsecond the shipping cannot be canceled for the SPD shipment :slight_smile:

giphy

2 Likes

it’s good to know we’re not alone :slight_smile:
Your strategy of buffering with a small shipment is wise.

Hopefully, we’ll see some movement soon on our end as well. Cheers

1 Like

Not unusual - don’t have access to shipments but remember last two single pallet shipments barely checked in after a month plus. Don’t remember FC. But part of that is the shipping partner was Maersk/Pilot - they delivered/checked in ~1 month after shipment.

So most shipments don’t have this issue - it would be a one off and you might’ve been the unlucky stat - all advice here is sound

2 Likes

If the carrier is the cause of the delay that’s one thing.

If it’s been DELIVERED a month ago and nothing’s happened I wouldn’t expect it to ever be received. Amazon’s loading dock is a busy place and they would not just store stuff there for a month. Something happened to it. Could’ve been thrown in the trash, or mistaken for a liquidation pallet and loaded up into an outbound truck.

I would send a new shipment ASAP and then wait to file reimbursement on this one.

Glad to hear is not so common. Thank you.

1 Like

Yeap delivered…

Delicious food straight to the trash… Nice

1 Like

The good news is, in cases where it’s delivered and never received, they usually reimburse it, unlike if they received cases as single units, they might say “you only sent 3 units, not 300” and make it a seller faulted problem.

Can’t flag it as seller faulted if they received nothing at all.

2 Likes

GGX tends to highlight possibilities - its possible - but more than likely just a delay. In any case, he’s right in that you should probably send another shipment right away to prevent OOS.

Also helps to stagger shipments. Once you get to 75% FC desired inventory - then stagger smaller shipments. Then a larger shipment at 50% and then a smaller shipment - which is what we do pending inventory on hand at our own warehouse/storage facility.

All the best!

1 Like

I wholeheartedly second this statement based on our experience. 10-20 pallets a week for this one business alone, we have only had one lost in the last year and a half. Far far more have been simply delayed more than a month.

2 Likes

Aren’t LTL delays usually (mostly) on the pickup side? Not having a pickup window available for weeks/month+ esp during the holidays is common, but I can’t imagine they have space by their loading docks to hold tons of pallets for a month+

Nope. Most partnered carrier delays are post delivery. Amazon Freight LTL is pickup delay and received in about 24-48 hours after pickup if not going across the nation.

Amazon freight LTL looks like this when delayed… (across the nation)

Amazon Partnered Carrier looks like this…

Not touched on the lot for weeks.

1 Like