INFROMS Act - Legal Entity Update

Welcome to SAS! This thread might also be helpful to you: 🆘️ Most helpful (RE)VERIFICATION 2023 posts. Click the arrow in the topic post for links to other related threads.

As @Lost_My_Marbles said, it also might be helpful to have

• a utility bill in the name of the LLC at the business address that matches everything else.
  • LLC filing that corresponds to Articles of Organization, or whatever your state requires that the IRS accepted
  • personal identification

I would add

• a credit card statement in the name of the LLC (if available)

I would further add that if you have a DBA for your business that you’re using on Amazon, it would be helpful if that DBA is included on the EIN letter.

And as @ASV_Vites said, start the process, with all documents already available, the day after a disbursement is received in your account.

If you plan to update any credit card, bank account, or address information, you might prefer to do that

• one change at a time,
  • before updating your entity,
  • on the Buyer side of the same account first, and
  • after sending SS a heads up.

I think that we all make this sound scarier than it really is, but at the same time, we all know too many legitimate Sellers–including SAS members–who have had to wait too long through this process and/or have failed it without useful communication from Amazon.

6 Likes