Insights on Marketplaces

Hello fellow sellers :wave:

I’m currently exploring various marketplaces and fulfillment options to enhance our online selling business, and I thought it would be incredibly valuable to tap into the collective wisdom of this forum’s community.

I would love to hear about your experiences with different marketplaces, aside from Amazon.

• Which marketplaces are you currently working with, and what has been your experience with them? Do they offer fulfillment?
  • Are there any particular platforms that you find more profitable, user-friendly, or reliable?

Your insights and recommendations would be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your input, and I look forward to hearing from you all!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: (SAS private) Insights on Marketplaces

@AnnaM are your products handmade, books, tech, home goods, or apparel? Each of those broad categories have their own niche marketplaces, so ruling those in or out generally might help the SellersAskSellers community respond meaningfully.

Some Amazon-alternative 3P marketplace sales platforms active in the US to consider (only listed to prompt brainstorming, not as SAS endorsements; not an exhaustive list):

• 6jays (new alternative to shuttered jane.com)
  • Abe Books
  • Alibris
  • AliExpress
  • Best Buy
  • Biblio
  • Bonanza
  • Chewy
  • eBay
  • eCRATER
  • Etsy
  • Faire (B2B)
  • MakerPlace by Michaels
  • Mercari
  • NewEgg
  • Poshmark
  • Rakuten
  • Target
  • Walmart
  • Wayfair (as Vendor/dropshipper)

International:

• FlipKart
  • JingDong
  • Otto
  • TaoBao

Direct-to-consumer (DTC) options:

• Own website (Wix, Shopify, WordPress/WooCommerce)
  • Social selling (Facebook Marketplace, Instagram Shop, TikTokShop)

If the SAS community is shy, we can move this to our private :lock: SAS Confidential (members only) :lock: Reviews & Recommendations area.

2 Likes

I of course cannot speak for our friend @AnnaM or anyone else, but at the first blush I’m inclined to think that removing this SAS thread from observation by the web-crawling spiders might well be advisable.

1 Like

SellersAskSellers members, please continue the conversation in our members-only area at

(SAS private) Insights on Marketplaces.

1 Like