Invoice/receipt on or before ×× and should reflect your inventory

I am curious if anyone knows the answer to this. If amazon requests invoice, receipts, contract or delivery order on or before a specific date and it must reflect inventory. Is it suppose to reflect your inventory for orders after that date? It cant possibly reflect your inventory for before that date? Im really confused. If its asking for any of those documents for example to be on or before March 3rd and I had an invoice for March 2nd. Any orders that were placed or fullfilled March 3rd could not have possibly been fullfilled with the invoice for the products purchased on March 2nd. So would I assume it would be for orders after that date? Any clarity would be appreciated.

2 Likes

They are looking for proof you have a previous relationship with a trustworthy and authorized supplier. They are not looking for exact numbers.

3 Likes

Amazon wants to know that any products that you listed as having in-stock on or after March 3rd were already in your ownership/possession before March 3.

Your March 2 document might or might not be accepted by Amazon as proof that you had access to the stock you listed as available for purchase on March 3, as in, proving that a Buyer who purchased from you on March 3rd would in fact receive from you that exact product in the quantities purchased, according to your handling and shipping times (if FBM) or via FBA.

4 Likes

They want an invoice dated before the date of the customer orders to prove that you owned the product prior to the issue.

They don’t want you to go buy something and get an invoice after the date of the notice. Or in the case of dropshippers, they get invoices after the customer order which is not acceptable.

3 Likes

Honestly, @Ssiddiqi21, it doesn’t even matter if you had Buyer orders for this product, or not.

Amazon wants proof that you possessed inventory of the product in the quantity that you indicated to be available to Buyers on your offer, prior to listing.

3 Likes

I could be wrong but I thought the invoice needed to be within 180 days.

Just adding this to the mix

4 Likes

Yes, it can be too old or too new. They are trying to demonstrate that you had a legit purchase prior to selling the item (or trying to) on amazon, and with a somewhat recent lookback, implying your authorization hasn’t expired.

IE, you can list something and sell them in March and then get caught and go get an invoice in May.
Also
You can’t sell stuff in 2024 and expect your invoice from 2018 to apply. This second part is less helpful to proving anything, especially with slow moving stock, but there are limits on both sides of the equation, to amazon.

3 Likes