Why I hated the philosophy course I dropped after three classes…
I’m pretty sure the course wasn’t the problem.
In my case it was the time of day and temperature of the room. I completed the course but barely. I fell asleep in class several times. It was an embarrassment.
I will not give up two spaces at the end of a sentence. Absolutely not. No way. Never gonna happen. Deal with it.
I put in two. Notice that the forum removes the space visually? It SUCKS!
Your lead thumb sucks! Why do you need so many spaces? Are you trying to hit the minimum page requirement for your high school freshman English class? Punctuation, space, new sentence!
Just like I do two returns after a paragraph. And yeah I’m one of those strangers that has the ¶ button enabled in word
We were taught in school to put two spaces at the end of a sentence and two carriage returns at the end of a paragraph or an indentation on a new paragraph first sentence. Back then, we were taught on typewriters. It was considered typewriter etiquette.
We didn’t have calculators in math classes either. Calculators in class was considered cheating (once they came into being in high school).
I keep formatting marks on but I work in template creation and it actually matters, LOL.
Yep, two spaces when typing on a regular typewriter.
But once you have proportional fonts, most style guides will tell you that one space is proper. But old habits die hard.
The 2 spaces make scanning (visually looking through) a document easier to do.
The sentences “jump out” at you. With the scrunching to visually one only, it is harder to scan (people) a wall of text for each sentence thought.
You mean like the walls of text that appeared on the OSFE? Those were PAINFUL, and yet when ever I asked people to please use sentences and paragraphs to make their post easier to read, FLAGGED
At least y’all actually had typewriters.
Back when in those Days of Yore when I myself matriculated - you know, when we young’un’s had to trudge 20 miles (uphill in both directions) through year-round snow just to attend instruction - we were constrained to using crudely-wrought styli to inscribe self-made clay tablets. ![]()
Moses … is that you?
![]()
I’ll let you decide:
![]()





