MAKERPLACE: Has anyone successfully messaged a customer?

A customer ordered 2 expensive items - 2 of the same. And I don’t sell something people typically want 2 of. I’ve sent 2 messages to confirm, but crickets.

Has anyone messaged and received a response? I have no clue how their messaging system works. I wish I could see the customer’s email!

3 Likes

I have and I rarely if ever get a response. Instead of waiting for a response, I now write something along the lines of, “If you would like us to fill the order as is, no response is necessary. If you would like to change this order, please cancel the order by [specify a time] and place another order.”

That way, I don’t have to wait forever and can just assume that’s what they wanted. So far, it’s been working out.

6 Likes

Yes. I have had plenty of responses but the thing that irks me is when someone inquires about a specific product, or an order, the message does not indicate the product or the order number like Amazon which causes a lot of back and forth. I have submitted several feed backs to Michael’s on this.

3 Likes

That’s a good point. But at least I know my messages went through - did you get an email when you had a response?

This is an over $300 order so I really want to confirm it’s correct. No idea why someone would buy two.

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve had two today.

3 Likes

Maybe gifts for two different graduates/moms/relatives? Or if it’s place-specific, maybe decorating rentals? (If I’m remembering that you sell images?)

2 Likes

Maybe? I just have a feeling it’s a mistake, but she isn’t responding so I guess I’ll just send them along!

3 Likes

Same here. My recent special order was that — no clue which item she was referring to. Fortunately, further communication was good and it all worked out.

2 Likes

I do the same. It works well.

2 Likes

Now this is a problem I would like to have.

3 Likes