MakerPlace: Order returns, return management, and return policies

Alrighty. Heard back from MakerPlace:

So since the customer contacted them instead of me, they went ahead and approved it and sent the customer a label. WTH? There is literally nothing in their documentation about this, and nothing on the screens that says this happened.

I mean - it’s fine I guess? But now why would the customer bother returning. Good gravy.

4 Likes

That’s a HUGE issue :grimacing:

1 Like

I said as much, and this was the (very infuriating) reply:

It implies that I didn’t respond in 5 days OR I chose the option of a refund w/o return. I did neither.

I responded that I didn’t do either of these because someone on the customer service team approved it in my place - which is an issue. And I didn’t WANT to refund before getting it back, but assuming it would take me through the approval steps I refunded it by mistake.

This is super annoying.

3 Likes

Yeah. Total BS. I think I’ve always gotten an email for a return request but they should also have a message AND the “Return and Disputes” flagged with a red dot or number. They do this on messages but no other section. Kinda like my illustration below

2 Likes

Another update. So at least it looks like they’re trying to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

4 Likes

Back in February in the fb group a lady had this happen to her, except Michaels also took the money from her account for the refund, which is how she found out about the return request—the customer had reached out to Michael’s instead of the seller. She ended up getting reimbursed but what a mess.

3 Likes

Lovely - I should have raised more of a stink!

1 Like

This customer service employee is not the brightest tool in the shed. If she had any common sense, she would have asked for help with this transaction before approving a refund without a return. Duh. She may not be trainable.

Marilyn

3 Likes