MakerPlace: Order returns, return management, and return policies

I guess they got tired of too much feedback as they removed the feedback tab. I’m sure they have plenty to work on. It was somewhat of a challenge to gather numbers for my books before taxes. I got my first return and the format was kinda confusing but one feedback I wanted to submit is to have a visual notice number next to orders and returns so nothing gets missed.

2 Likes

Maybe you can sent an email for what you want them to change about the returns.

1 Like

I still have a feedback tab. :thinking:

In your list of orders, what does the returned order show in the “Status” column?

1 Like

In “orders”, the status shows delivered. Here’s what the return tab looks like less redacted description and image. I wish there would be a number until authorizing where I placed the red circle. Kinda like Etsy does for new orders.

1 Like

Yes, an alert would be useful. I just left feedback about it.

3 Likes

Have you noticed that many or most of the Handmade sellers have a “no return” policy, or maybe it is my imagination??

Marilyn

2 Likes

Unfortunately they are still insisting people can return soap to us, even though it’s only happened twice since 2015. I’m not pushing the issue since we don’t get too many returns, but it should just be refundable and not returnable IMHO.

-Ana

ETA oops! I meant Amazon, not MakerPlace.

I understand the reasons soap and other personal care items should not be returnable, yet some people will try to get away with returning anything. The items I have seen on MakerPlace have been in categories like jewelry, etc.

Marilyn

2 Likes

Yes I have noticed that. To each their own. I wonder how many sales they lose to this attitude. I understand personalized or perishable.

I agree with Wade, they are losing sales by not allowing returns and maybe a significant amount of sales at that. People want to know that they have recourse if something isn’t right. I joke with my husband about giving away free soap, but we both agree it’s the way to go if a customer isn’t happy. We hardly ever have to replace/refund, but we always make the customer happy.

-Ana

2 Likes

This IS THE Way.

Sadly, there are too many of y’all humans - er, make that WE humans, and ignore that alien, Dogtamerbot, hiding behind the curtains :upside_down_face: - who fail to recognize THE most-fundamental attribute of success in our chosen field of endeavour:

We are ALL in The Customer Satisfaction Business.

Remember that, and ye shall prosper.

Remember it not, and ye shall eventually fail - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year - but ignore that Cardinal Rule of the professional conduction of business, and sooner or later the Piper collects his dues.

2 Likes

@wadeorcas I just received my first return request on MakerPlace - I messaged the guy to send them back to me. What happens if I click that ‘Process Return’ button? I was afraid if I click that it would instantly refund them (can’t trust anything there yet).

Does it take you to another screen with add’l steps?

2 Likes

Update: Went to Returns help and apparently when they submit for a refund it’s supposed to look like this?

Mine has no ‘Take Action’ button - it just says ‘Process Refund.’ Like that whole step was missed and it was automagically approved and is waiting for me to refund them. WTH? Customer reason is “Changed Mind.”

3 Likes

The first click is just to approve the return. The refund will be processed when item received back, IF you also selected “item required to be returned”

Confusing and not the way I would have written it.

2 Likes

So when I click on it, I get none of those options - just takes me right to this page. I submitted a support request - I think it skipped ALL the steps.

2 Likes

You submit from there and then the next page will be for check box requiring item to be returned and where you upload return label. I think on that page you can set the amount to be refunded.

2 Likes

Okay, so I click submit here and then I get the next screen - boy, this is cumbersome and very worrisome!

EDIT: Damnit - I did that and it refunded him. I didn’t get any of the other screens, it just processed it and refunded him. UGHHH.

6 Likes

There is a check box in the prior screen that needs to be checked requiring the merchandise to be returned. Then it will hold the refund until you process it. And it will bring up a section to upload a return label. That is all I can think of in terms of what happened in your case. Yes…very backwards in my opinion.

3 Likes

Mine didn’t have that. All I had was this, with ‘Ready to Refund’

I clicked on the Process Refund button and got this screen:

Clicked Submit and - Bam- customer refunded. I was never given any options for return required, label upload, nada. :confused:

2 Likes

I wonder if the same would have occurred if the “Reject” selection had been ‘ticked’ before the “Submit” button was clicked?

1 Like