Meaning of Search Suppressed?

I have lo these many years assumed “Search Suppressed” at Amazon would mean my listing is not available, being “suppressed” due to Amazon’s superior wisdom. I currently have five of these listings, but all five appear just fine on Amazon. Four have no issues (with the red exclamation point!) and one says it’s because there is no image, which there is not on the main page. If you click on my offer, there is the image.

I have too much time on my hands these days and am clicking on all sorts of stuff I usually ignore at Amazon. Don’t even get me started on the “Get Approval” which I do, and still cannot list any of those titles, even weeks later.

Rant over. Carry on.

3 Likes

We usually find the problem by going into the edit option and see what is highlighted. Sometimes when they move something between categories a dialog box needs to be filled. The last one was if the item was a liquid (yes/no).

That is what makes me crazy. I do exactly that, click on Edit. No boxes are surrounded by the evil red box, none of the “categories” along the top have the red ! (with the image exception one) and mine is the lowest price on offer. But since they show up fine, this is just a rant.

On ones that are only marked “Inactive” rather than “Suppressed” there is usually just the evil box wanting Manufacturers Price. I just put in zero and all is well with that one, move on to the next of the 89 of those. Like I said, way too much time…

1 Like

They aren’t suppressed for viewing, they’re only suppressed for searching. The listing is still there and buyable, if someone were to know to access it directly. But if you search for the item’s title, you won’t find it.

The easiest way I’ve found to diagnose and correct these (if you’re authorized) is to click on the item’s ‘Search Suppressed’ heading in your inventory, and it will take you to a page that shows you the specific problem with the item that’s causing it’s suppression from being searched.

2 Likes

Excellent! Now that I’ve clicked on that I remember being “here” before. These four are duplicate pages and since I upload a whole file instead of one at a time on Amazon’s pages (yes I am computer lazy) this can happen to me. I have ignored the issue so long that I forgot it was one.

2 Likes