New hourly scheduling feature for your campaigns - Amazon PPC

This is interesting and something we were always interested in.

We heard your feedback about wanting more control over your budgets and bids, and the ability to reach shoppers at specific times of day. We’re excited to share that you can now set schedule-based rules for specific hours in your Sponsored Products campaigns. This feature can help you optimize your advertising spend and give you more flexibility in managing your campaigns.

What’s new?
NEW Schedule bid rules

Schedule-based budget rules

How does it work?

“Hours of day” is a scheduling option for schedule-based rules, which can be found within your Sponsored Products campaign settings. Using this feature can help you reach your campaign goals, by setting your budgets and bids to increase at potential peak time periods for shoppers. You can access relevant times for your campaigns in your hourly performance reporting within the advertising console, so you can be strategic on selecting the hours for your rules.

Pro tips to get started

• Remove the guesswork out of planning your budget and bids by analyzing popular times in your hourly performance reporting, and setting rules to automatically increase during those set time periods.
  • Set schedule-based budget and bid rules during the same time period to take control of your costs and sales.
  • With Black Friday and Cyber Monday approaching, set event-based rules by selecting specific shopping event dates (i.e. Black Friday). We’ll automatically optimize your budget and bids during the event so you can focus on your business.
3 Likes

This could be great!
…Or completely debilitating!
Who knows, with Amazon? :laughing:

1 Like

Response I just got back from my PPC manager…

Two Things I learned from this response:

1. This isn’t new. :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
  2. It’s stupid apparently. I have him testing this on one of our listings that’s in a top sector but is underperforming expectations.

*"This is something I’ve looked into but is very hard to execute at a high level without the use of dayparting software. *

*I can set up individual rules based on hourly campaign data to see if our performance is better during later hours, especially if other competitors have exhausted budgets. *

A lot of this is done on Amazons end internally within their algorithm already, but can take a look at the data and see what we can do. "

2 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner - hold your calls, we have a winner.

1 Like