New SFP Rule Questions

I know I am not the sharpest crayon in the box, but I have some questions on the new SFP rules:

1. Will custom products be subject to free returns in the prime program? Currently returns are not allowed on custom products outside of prime. I’m wondering if Prime overrules Custom rules.

2. How does one magically configure their 1 and 2 day regions to comply with the chart in red? To my knowledge, Amazon does not disclose visitor location and page view activity to sellers to make this anything more than a guess on the seller’s part. Am I missing something here?

3. Just a note - I wonder how many sellers will be caught off guard by the yellow high-lighted section. What if the Prime customer’s shipping address is international?

Wow, I actually like that. :open_mouth:

Under the new rules, we’re judged on our percentage of on-time deliveries for Prime orders. If that total now includes Prime orders placed with standard shipping, it should increase our on-time stats. That’s good news.

How does one magically configure their 1 and 2 day regions to comply with the chart in red?

I don’t think there’s any way to do it magically. Maybe if you use their automated set-up? I haven’t given Prime much thought since they changed to the page views nonsense, but the way to hit those targets (says someone who’s never done it) is through educated guessing.

You can increase your percent of 2-day views by either adding more eligible regions (to both 2 day or 1 day), or setting your cut-off times later in the day.

It’s really a problem for people who like math and logic puzzles. :laughing:

Look at a seller from Dallas, who would have an advantage for Prime. This is his UPS Ground map.

Now remember, that the ‘views’ statistic is assessing what a shopper sees at the time he views the offer. Anyone in a 1-day region will see delivery within 2 days 24 hours a day, right? Even at 11 pm on a Monday, someone in a 1-day zone will see delivery in 2 ‘real days’ (ship on Tues → deliver on Wed = 2 days from time of viewing on Monday).

So any views that come from your 1-day regions will see 2-day delivery 100 percent of the time. If your 1-day regions include big population centers, that can offset the views that don’t see true 2-day delivery in other, less-populated parts of the country.

Dallas is 1-day shipping from roughly 6 million people, just in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. Google says there are 29.5 million in the whole state, so based on the map, let’s estimate the Dallas seller can reach 20 million of them in a day. That gives you a lot of ‘views’ that are always going to be within 2 days, no matter when the shopper views them.

The rest of TX, along with about 15 other states, will see 2-day delivery whenever they view your offer before your cut-off time. That’s a lot of people to increase your 2-day number.

But those residents will not see 2-day delivery after your cut-off time, so the later in the day you can set it, the more views will count as 2-day.

I would assume it’s basically trial and error. Start by setting it to wide coverage, then as you see what your ‘views’ numbers are, cut it back until you can safely stay just above the 70% mark. Unless, of course, you want to have it higher.

So yes, it’s basically a guess, but by considering the population of different places, and the pattern of the orders you receive (offer Next Day delivery to Wyoming, if you get few orders from there or set your cut-off time to 4 pm if you rarely get orders between 2 and 4:00). That can bump up your ‘views’ without also bumping up your expenses to ship something by overnight express.

2 Likes

@Setalpz have you done any of the webinars about the new SFP? It might answer your questions. Only one left, tomorrow:

https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4140584202791458904

I ignored this email 5 days ago :wink:

1 Like

Who’s going to be the guinea pig to try this out and give us the answers?

Are Amazon’s webinars interactive, where you can ask questions and get (correct) answers? Or is it just a one-way tutorial, where they tell you what they want you to know?

I don’t do video anything, and don’t have speakers on my new computer anyway (you’d think they’d be built in, but nope) but it would be nice if someone could do the research and share it with the rest of us.

Not it!

I’m on the road so I regretfully will be unable to attend.

1 Like

Reminds me of the financial quote, “Bulls make money, Bears make money, Pigs get slaughtered.”

Based on all I have read so far, I think no one at Amazon even knows what the requirements will be. I know I sure don’t. Manufacturing, and selling product to buy food is more important than watching a video meeting.

Sure is different from the first time. What you had to do was clear, I knew (thought) we could not do it.

Amazon called us, an American from a phone in America with a clear connection.

“Sure you can he said.” I asked but how? He gave detail on setting up regions and switching them depending on the day of the week. Full detail, full risks and responsibilities.

We went for it, and it went very well. Had a lot of fun too.

Until this is not as clear as mud we will not play with the pigs.

4 Likes