No Thanks, EU

I just received this message. I need to add this like I need another hole in my head…

9 Likes

Whenever we ourselves are subject to such unwanted entreaties from the minions which Amazon has long deployed in the ongoing efforts to push its GEI (“Global Expansion Initiative” in ‘Dogtamerese’), I am always reminded of this:

“A victory described in detail is indistinguishable from a defeat” - Jean-Paul Sartre, Le Diable et le Bon Dieu (Act I, Scene I).

8 Likes

I get one of those every few months. They go straight to the trash.

6 Likes

We do, too, but I refuse to send them to the round file - exactly where they SO-deservedly belong, at least in my book - without archiving a copy, and entering a notational ‘tag’ in our logs so that I can find it again, in this or that aspect - Subject Line, Message Body, Dispatching Domain, what have you - just in case push comes to shove.

4 Likes

With all due respect, why don’t you try the EU market?

I could share my knowledge of the PanEU program and you could teach me on how to not loose money in the US market.

Just sayin’

4 Likes

International shipping, exchange rates, a whole new slate of laws, a vastly different market, item compatibility issues…

There are many reasons why I’m not interested in the EU market, but the biggest reason right now is that Amazon is begging me to do it which makes it immediately suspect.

13 Likes

Amazon wants you to experiment with your products in the EU. If they sell well enough Amazon will then sell them undercutting you while still getting the fees for your items sitting in FBA warehouses.

Win Win for them an possible Win Lose for you.

10 Likes

Mainly because if you get suspended in EU you also get your main account suspended.

5 Likes

Hahahahhahah… That’s a good one! :rofl:

4 Likes

Well this is a good idea just by itself! Already one up on Amazon today :wink:

4 Likes

I am going to reflect on that for a while

1 Like

In my case it’s pretty simple – about 85% of my sales are with brands that strictly prohibit me from selling internationally.

Most of them do not even allow me to sell on eBay and use their global shipping program where I technically am shipping to a US address and eBay handles the rest.

For the other 15% I stopped international sales maybe a decade ago after items were causing issues with INR and so on. I have enough ‘issues’ in the US.

5 Likes

Not always. At least in our case.
We got suspended in the US and the EU account was live.
Also, we got the UK marketplace suspended and the EU and US live…
Yes, we have been through a lot !

2 Likes

Give it six months and we’ll all be auto-enrolled in the EU Marketplace; Brazil was just the first step.

4 Likes

The United Northern Hemisphere Marketplace?

5 Likes