On Trac Ground anyone have experience with this?

Amazon seems to be recommending this shipping option for several orders.
Anyone have experience with this?
Always afraid to make any changes within this system - it’s so volatile.

I never used it as a seller, but as a buyer, never had problem with my orders (not fr Amazon) delivered by On Trac, most the time the package was delivered eariler than the estimated delivery date.

There have been more than a few NSFE discussions posted about OnTrac being recommended over the past few weeks:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/b1086312-b609-47d9-ba38-6488d228742c

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/bd5b4ae0-7f3f-4d86-98d0-4b3c74f26d94

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/f03519ec-7954-4830-9de5-d4e5273d0dc7

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/e64c0fe5-2ab1-429d-b48c-2f492d61efcf

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/80be46f2-09f1-45c4-92bd-76bd3c04fe21

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/e737f052-a6e0-4dee-a764-09ac2d9d1b04

None of the experiences posted by those sellers is favorable.

This one, from late August of this year, references the sharp uptick in complaints, beginning in Q3 of 2025, in regard to Amazon having failed to recognize that Lasership & OnTrac had ‘merged’ back in 2021 (link, 033123 Ontrac Press Release) - and subsequently “rewarding” 3P Sellers with VTR dings - such as is described in these threads from that time & later:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/87126677-e366-4a42-9961-79bf83df7643

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/c9c638e3-140e-40ad-b29f-89fb849193d0

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/cf0d735e-424c-494d-8f29-6a845213afd3

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/64c33014-bb9b-4585-a3b7-332289234c9f

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/4e8c439b-a861-426c-81ec-a2a9e166be9d

Some success has been reported using the advice offered by NR_Amazon in the first of those two threads, which is linked in this 090525 SAS reply to our friend @MicahV’s 090225 thread on this subject:

https://sellersasksellers.com/t/any-way-to-know-if-amazon-considers-a-tracking-number-valid-before-it-shows-in-vtr-report/6483/5


Many of these complaints seem to be focused on Buy Shipping not automatically triggering a pickup when an Ontrac label is purchased, which is what Amazon says will happen in the SHC’s “OnTrac Terms and Conditions” @ https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/3YDQYBJR85QFETF; there are also numerous mentions of not being able to contact them @ all (including, but not limited to, the Toll-free 1-800 number listed on that Help page).

It’s also noteworthy that that page specifies that a certain volume of shipments (1600 orders for 3 consecutive months/4800 in the last 90 days) is required for eligibility to use this service - which I suspect might well be the root cause of many of the reported problems, especially if Buy Shipping Service is offering this option to sellers who don’t meet that criterion.



For about 5 years now, most everything I’ve read in various biz discussion venues about OnTrac hasn’t encouraged me to use them.

To be fair, it’s certainly much more likely that one would see complaints than it would be for praise - but I would be very cautious about using OnTrac…

As a buyer I find their tracking to be marginal. I believe they are only last mile and use usps, ups or FedEx for long hauls

Well, shoot.

I managed to fail linking/embedding the August 2026 discussion I was referring to by the phrase “This one…” in my previous post - AND let proper proofreading procedure fall by the wayside for no better reason than the fact that I was concurrently absorbed in watching my ‘Boys lose a thrilling contest with the Ravens down in ol’ Rio; it’s available over in the NSFE here:

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/b66659c9-dd2f-4782-8622-108399470dcd

Mea culpa

The plot thickens; see this long-time vet’s 100126 reply to KJ (and their immediately-previous replies to the same NSFE discussion, which is the fifth of the first-six links the quoted post above; basically, s/he did the legwork that Amazon did not):

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/80be46f2-09f1-45c4-92bd-76bd3c04fe21?postId=8a553c22-16c2-407f-b918-87eba260fba5

I say there, Andy - tell us again:

How’s that overly-feverish embrace of GenAI LLMs workin’ out fer the bottom line, pal?