POLL : PRIME Day - Do you change your prices?

• Raise Prices
  • Lower Prices
  • No Change
0 voters
2 Likes

So to not overwhelm the shipping dept we tend to raise the prices to help control the number of orders we receive. We tend to see a 50% increase in orders. So increasing slows it down some but we make more shipping less. :slight_smile:
FBM thing

4 Likes

I only do FBM and business is slow before, during, and, after the insanity. I do a set and forget price on every new listing. When (if) things sell, they sell. If not, I dust them occasionally.

6 Likes

Great question, @Sundance ! I tend to offer a small temporary PD discount, usually 10%, just in case that sways a bargain Buyer.

2 Likes

How about a 4th option - All of the above (#thanksadhd )

I raised my normal prices from $15 to $16 a few weeks ago since costs just keep going up.

I did ā€œcaveā€ and set up a Prime Day exclusive discount, of course out of 150 prime items, only 6 were not suppressed LOL. Handmade didnā€™t even bother to throw up a banner to ā€œprime dealsā€ this year LOL. The few items I did have didnā€™t show up if you clicked on Handmade category on the ā€œprime deals pageā€ LOL.

But I also have a bunch of FBA inventory set to $5 to try and get it gone, because some of it has been sitting there for YEARS. I finally edited my store page to feature the $5 listings and I sell one every few days now, so thatā€™s helpful.

6 Likes

I also do all of the above. Stock I want to get rid of, price goes down. Stock I know will sell quickly, price goes up a little. Stock that sells but I have plenty of, I leave it alone.

3 Likes

We do not change our prices.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t change anything. had 5x the normal sales. Best seller is down to 4 units left. We literally didnā€™t do anything different. Past years were bust, I think this one was a fluke. We did have more ad impressions than usual.

-Ana

2 Likes

I think at @ASV_Vites has brought this up a few times. It really depends on multiple factors including niche and volume. Prime Day for volume sellers is about garnering rank, reviews and subs - and normally volume sellers x*inventory in advance to prep for it. IIRC sales were 3x normal last year.

2 Likes

I had sales on items I needed to move to prevent storage charges.

3 Likes

As a used book and media seller, the only benefit we get from Prime Day, if any, is increased traffic. Most buyers looking for bargains on Prime Day are after electronics or discounts on household items they buy all the time, IMHO.

4 Likes

We had a nice bump in sales on Prime Day, but we ran no specials or price changes.We no longer participate in Seller-Fulfilled Prime as Amazon does not share their Prime subscription revenue with Seller-Fulfilled Prime sellers to defray the cost of shipping that generates subscription revenue for Amazon. I should have made that last sentence shorter.

2 Likes

Where is the ā€˜otherā€™ option?

I went on vacation. I didnā€™t want to deal with clueless, entitled customers who think that something ordered from me will arrive in two days in an Amazon delivery van.

EDIT: If enough of us did this, Prime Day might get a reputation as the day that lots of stuff is not available. :grinning:

3 Likes

Our product line is opposite the norm: Busy in the summer, slow in the winter, and dead between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our experience with Prime Day(s) is that our sales fall off a cliff during the time itā€™s active and spike the second it ends. A lot of our products have no competitors, so itā€™s likely people delaying their purchase to see if weā€™re going to offer discounts, which we donā€™t.

Other than receiving the delayed sales, what makes me happiest about Prime Day(s) being over is not having to see those irritating ads on Prime Video anymore.

5 Likes