Questions about the "re-verification" email / questions

Also when uploading the bank statement today we see this…

Bank info upload

Which is odd because the bank statement is our business bank statement which matches the legal entity BUT does not have our personal name on it.

1 Like

The Legal Entity is the account holder on Amazon whether it is a business name and address or a individual name and address. When it is the business name and address, Amazon will verify that the person / individual who set up the account is the owner of the business which is done by providing a business license and/or the papers that created the business along with a drivers license or passport.

When the business is an LLC and is a single member LLC, Amazon will treat it as an individual.

The bank statement needs to be a full bank statement, all pages with no pages cropped or altered. If you download a statement from your bank and save it as a PDF, you should be fine as long as the name and address on the delivery address is correct and the account number is shown.

2 Likes

Lol I just got hit with the reverfication shyte, but keep getting page unavailable due to high traffic…ya think?

1 Like

It’s ok this just going to keep your account open or deactivated - nothing too important

1 Like

LOL can’t even call Account Health - keeps hanging up after setting you in queue

1 Like

Ughh…
headache
:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone who help me…I was successfully re-verified this morning. :melting_face:\

DONE

3 Likes

Came here to say what @booknut7 already said :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But what I really think is happening is that there are a wide variety of “buckets” that even similar-seeming selling accounts are put into by Amazon, and each bucket has its own reverification process.

This could be for actual reasons, or for A-B-…Z testing on Amazon’s part, or just for the pain. :eyes:

Remember, they have waaaaay more data on each of us than we might realize.

20230530_184656

1 Like

While I was away for 4 days moving my FIL to their summer home (he arrived safely and is doing well) - I went into all those varying screens for each thing (bank account / phone # / address) and there is an option to tick boxes and click verify.

I will be doing that to each of my accounts later this evening. Didn’t want to do it while I was away from my home office just in case something blew up. Imagine that happening on Amazon? :rofl:

3 Likes