Quick question about coupons

My account currently has a coupon promotion running. I did not set it up, and the person who did cannot answer my question, so I’m hoping someone here can.

The coupon was set up as a 15% off 1 item per order. If the buyer orders multiple of this item, the coupon applies only to the first item.

My question is: can this coupon be used on multiple orders? For example if the coupon is on a water bottle, can a buyer order 1 water bottle, then tomorrow order a second water bottle and use the coupon? Or is the coupon “used” once and cannot be redeemed again?

2 Likes

The way your coupon is set up … “per order” means the selection that was used would allow for multiple orders from the same customer with a limit of 1 item allowed for the coupon.

Coupon settings are

• Coupon for 1(?) item(s) only on 1 order.
  • Coupon for 1(?) item(s) only per order (multiple orders allowed for coupon parameters)
  • Coupon for unlimited items for unlimited orders.

All of the above are also limited to the stock on hand and also can be limited by the budget you set along with the date range of the coupon setting.

If you want to see the exact wording, you can set up a coupon with a date range that is 6 months from now and play with the settings to see exactly how it works. When you are done, delete the coupon if you are doing it as a trail and error learning experiment.

2 Likes

So if this option was used, it would limit the items purchased by the customer with the coupon to 1, even if they made multiple purchases?

I’m not sure which option the person who set this up used, and neither are they (I asked, he stared at me and said “uhhh I dunno?”) so I have to be careful.

1 Like

You should be able to go into the coupon and see how it was set up quite easily

2 Likes

I found a field that says “One Redemption Per Customer” so I guess I found my answer. The buyer cannot place multiple orders for multiple discounts.

Thanks for the help.

3 Likes

I continue to mourn the fact that your organization’s leadership seemingly refuses to deploy an internal collaborative database (Evernote, Hudu, et al.) that would likely go far in ameliorating off-hand/one-off contributions by your co-workers’ forays into a field of battle where they are basically unarmed.

Likewise, I continue to mourn the fact that you - the ‘fireman/backstop,’ when push comes to shove in your organization, by all available lights I can see - have not yet been able to convince the pin-headed bosses that they need to pay closer attention to situations which directly impact the bottom line as a direct result of their lassitude.

1 Like

They use Asana, and they use it so badly that a hamster may as well have gotten loose on the keyboard. They also get snarky and defensive when I ask about things they are doing, as they are unable to differentiate between looking over their shoulders (which I do anyway or I wouldn’t know what to fix) and trying to be kept in the loop.

Oh my friend, you don’t even know. You don’t even know.

5 Likes