Forgive me if this has been discussed (couldn’t find it in a quick search), but we noticed today that items returned soon after delivery are getting the refund debit charge released by Amazon before the original order’s inbound funds are released, causing a net negative temporarily for the order.
I guess this is potentially the expected behavior of DD+7, but still kind of stinks that AZ will take funds back for a refunded order even before they’ve credited the funds from the same order.
8/27: Order received and shipped. Funds marked as “Deferred” per DD+7
8/31: Order delivered
9/1: Return requested
9/2: Return tendered to carrier
9/7: Amazon issues refund (unclear why this didn’t happen at first scan on 9/2), and refund marked as “Released”
9/8: Return received
Assuming we’ll see the original order get released tomorrow, but since I hadn’t seen conversations around these fringe cases where a return/refund is hitting balances before the funds from the original order have even hit thought I’d bring it up.