Refund time frame?

I seem to now have a new work flow for returns on the Canadian site. Going into Manage Returns it says I have 24 hours to do one of the following

Refund, Close Return or Contact Buyer

Does this mean if I contact the buyer and he does not respond, I can just wait it out? Or do I have to Refund within the 24 hours too? I’ve sent him a note, but no response yet. If I did send the wrong book, I’ll just refund, it’s not worth the postage back to me. But I think this might be one of those cases where he has done a refund request with the wrong seller.

4 Likes

@booknut7 I hope another Seller on .CA can reply soon (@DDS ?) but otherwise, do you have an update?

2 Likes

No update on how it should work. Hopefully by the time I need to do a refund they will have changed it again and I can ask then. I do them very rarely, one of the perks of not selling many items :smile:

I ended up refunding my customer, as I had indeed sent the wrong book (added $20 that it will cost to ship it for me, and for his willingness to do so). Second time in 25 years of selling that I have done a screw up like that. I tried contacting the other person to try and get everyone’s book where it should be, but they have not replied to AZ messages, and have not contacted me to tell me they got the wrong book.
I clicked on Refund this Order, neglecting to let him know about the possible delay in showing up on his end. So of course…“where’s my refund?”
Next day he messages it all refunded fine, let me know where to send this book. The order still does not show as refunded in my account. So I click on Close this Request.
Next day buyer says he got recharged for the order :woozy_face:
Next day he says he got refunded again.

I am glad I don’t have to look this buyer in the eyes. Very embarrassing.

3 Likes