return denial template

Does anyone have a template for not authorizing an out of policy return? Delivered 66 days ago and I do not feel I should take it back as it is rather pricy and has electronic parts in it.
Thanks. And to the tamer of dogs- glad to see you buddy

2 Likes

Hi {Customer}

Amazon return policy states that items purchased on Amazon.com can be returned for a refund or replacement within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.

Your order estimated delivery date was {insert date}.
A return for this order would have had to be done by {insert date = estimated delivery date + 30 days}.

Your request for a return is not within Amazon’s return policy and therefore can not be granted.

Thank you,
{Your Business Name}

*** NOTE ***
This is a basic template. One has to take in to concern if the reason is defective, a custom item, a handmade item or legal reasons why the item can not be returned (example: a personal care item). Other sellers may have a more detailed template covering different situations.

6 Likes

Thanks, straight and to the point. It is a no longer needed return.

2 Likes

It never ceases to amaze me that there are customers out there that think it’s okay and expect to be able to return an item after 2 months.

It’s one thing if there’s a warranty but on general items… :woman_facepalming:

A lot of places it is. Nordstrom, Costco, etc.

My record is 2 years. Oh we just found in in a drawer and never used it , can we return it?

Our template is almost exact to @Lost_My_Marbles but we add a link to the return policy.

3 Likes

I’m surprised Nordstrom allows it.

I think Walmart also has a long return policy (90 days in-store), not sure if it’s different for online 3P orders. @ASV_Vites?

Here’s the policy. Walmart Shoppers aren’t return-happy… Our current % returned since we started there in Feb is .3% (Point 3 Percent)

Returning items purchased on Walmart.com

Items sold and shipped by Walmart can be returned or replaced, when available, by mail within 90 days of receipt.

For items sold by Marketplace Sellers, find more details about Marketplace Returns.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting the link; it appears that 3P sellers set their own return policy but need to meet Walmart’s minimum 14-day return policy, but most items are returnable within 30 days.