SAS Site icon on Safari tab shows as Amazon logo

I just noticed this the past week or so, on my iPad Safari browser:

The 2nd tab from the left is the same SAS tab, when it’s not the current tab it has the Amazon logo, not the blue SAS logo that used to be there.

3 Likes

That’s strange. I’ll investigate but I suspect that is a browser issue

4 Likes

Chrome, Firefox and whatever the microsoft one is show the SAS icon

Just to save you some time

4 Likes

I, too am seeing on Chrome; I’ll have to check other browsers but it’s going to be a bit b4 I have time to do so (gotta run an errand).

1 Like

Yes my 2 Firefox browser machines are showing SAS logo, just the iPad Safari shows the Amazon logo icon on the tabs that are not currently the active tab.
The active tab has no icon.
It didn’t use to be that way, it displayed correctly previously and is a recent change.

2 Likes

Just tried our iPad …

1. SAS logo shows on both tabs that we opened to test.
  2. We are not logged into Amazon seller central on the iPad.

Suggest doing the standard clear cookies and cache … then close and reopen browser … and maybe power down iPad and restart it.

4 Likes

I’m suspecting this is one of those lovely safari issues because of sloppy safari code. Tech people LOVE safari, lol

2 Likes

Perhaps AI is detecting the word Amazon on the page and assigning the wrong icon.

3 Likes

I will try this when my free time arrives. No wait, that never happens, but I will try it later today.

4 Likes

We opened several tabs to other sites to see if it would make it disappear … everything showed normal for us.

We still think …

3 Likes

Don’t think it will change anything, but I just updated/rebuilt the site. See if it is still like that

3 Likes

No change here after the OOB patch you just applied.

It is fixed. I did do this:

I don’t know if it was that or your update that solved the problem. I will credit Marbles because they posted their suggestion first. I would choose both Marbles and Pepper for solving if I could. Thanks!

3 Likes

What the heck did you do? … iPad now has this as this as a SAS logo on one page
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12-39-38 SAS Site icon on Safari tab shows as Amazon logo - Site Feedback - Sellers Ask Sellers - Forum
… and this as the SAS logo on the second page
Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 12-39-56 SAS Site icon on Safari tab shows as Amazon logo - Site Feedback - Sellers Ask Sellers - Forum

We might never recover from this visual … never …

Oops

20230318_231709_0000 … wait … we were suppose to be looking for this? … still might not recover …

… our iPad still all good
:smirk:

5 Likes

@primetime thanks for bringing this up, and I’m glad it’s solved now. Sometimes my Chrome browsers get sorta “stuck” with things like this if I haven’t closed it in a while.

4 Likes