So I returned somethign today, buyer faulted

I purchased something that just didn’t work for me, so I picked “no longer needed” and was informed it will be $15 return shipping. I click ok to the next screen and get this:

Guess this belongs to “Things that piss you off” but I don’t even know how to move it there

9 Likes

Top of the popup asks … “Do you want to opt for a FREE return instead?” with the answer button “Yes” … so if you click “Yes”, the system should route you to what to claim to get a FREE return.

Guess this kind of explains those mismatch in selections verses comments given.

Customer selects what is need to get a FREE return and then says what the return really was for.

As documented across all of the various forums …
:roll_eyes:

?

Rhetorical ? … or request to have a mod move / create category for ?

3 Likes

I am curious what happens if you click yes.

3 Likes

For me it wasn’t clickable, more like a banner. But you know the average buyer will investigate and go back a page and try another return reason…

Also the YES was highlighted, I didn’t do that…

2 Likes

Could be a beta test to see what buyers do …
Maybe beta test to see how Amazon might catch frequent flyers returners ??? (wishfull thinking …)

2 Likes

I was under the impression the free option was where you drop the item off at a place like Kohls or an Amazon locker instead of a UPS label.

2 Likes

This applies only to FBM returns and if it is buyer faulted, you pay for shipping. that is until Amazon reminds you not to be an idiot and let the seller pay…

5 Likes

Sorry, it was clickable, sort of, but whatever option you pick just closes that window. Pretty sure average Joe figures out to go back a page…

3 Likes

My guess is it popped up because it’s offered for FBA orders, and they unified the customer workflow for returns at some point, but then when you click Yes it glitches and doesn’t proceed because it’s not actually an option for FBM orders.

3 Likes

Interesting -.-

2 Likes

I’d disagree. It appears to me like buyers are getting educated on how to get free shipping by changing their return reason, stopping short of spelling out how to do it

8 Likes

I saw that once before also, some months ago so it’s not brand new. I wondered if it led to a sales pitch for a Prime membership? I did not click on it because I was not actually returning anything, just checking on what the buyer sees.

I also had a buyer ask why he didn’t get the free return and was charged. I told him that Amazon controlled the return label process and they were charging him according to their policies; out of my control. I did not educate him on which reasons were free, or even that some of the reasons are free.

4 Likes

I rarely order from 3rd party sellers and even less rarely return something because I changed my mind, so I have never seen this before…generally I shop on Amazon for things i Need really fast…so prime it is. I already have prime, so no reason for a sales pitch

4 Likes

Me too, I just remember seeing it that one time. I try to check on the buyer facing return procedure every so often, especially when I have to direct a buyer on how to file an A-Z, because sometimes Amazon makes changes :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

… minor correction to keep within reality …
:wink:

5 Likes

I have returned many a purchase from Amazon. The free option usually is about where you can drop off without incurring a shipping fee. For example, Staples drop off is free.

3 Likes

A 3P FBM seller wont get his packages back from Staples!
Also, this usually comes at a different step, where you are asked how you want to return it. I always drop off at UPS and it is always free for Prime, at least I have NEVER paid to return anything prime, but as I said, I usually only return items that have issues, so it would be free no matter what.

2 Likes

Why not? I have returned/dropped off plenty of stuff to Staples, just like UPS, they create a label and slap it on to return.

1 Like

Not familiar with Staples…UPS delivers. Never got anything delivered from Staples. Confused.

2 Likes

Most Staples have UPS and/or FedEx substation type stores within the store where one can ship either by UPS and/or FedEx at a counter within the store.

Think of it like having a Subway inside of a gas station or a McDonalds inside of a Walmart.

5 Likes