There’s SAS and there’s SAS

All we can say is finally made it.
We kept seeing a reference to SAS and wondered what San Antonio Shoes ( shoes that we buy ) had to do with any post. Then we saw a post with sellers ask sellers and was able to put it together.

Spent some time reading last night and found it enjoyable again. Now we can read and learn again.

Had missed a lot of you … happy we found you!

20 Likes

welcome home

13 Likes

Yay!! Good to see you again!!

7 Likes

hello-hello-there

5 Likes

All we can say is finally made it.

Did you finally run out of patience with the NSFE? :laughing:

You did a valiant job trying to help them make something out of nothing, but I always wondered why? Very curious to know your true thoughts on the NSFE now that you’re in an environment where Amazon isn’t watching. At least not with any power to control anything. :wink:

We kept seeing a reference to SAS and wondered what San Antonio Shoes

:laughing: Glad you were able to piece it together. Some of our crossover members (those who did onboard to the NSFE) were chastised by the Mods for they way they mentioned this site, so we can’t blatantly recruit from over there. Hopefully, the word will get around eventually, and those who are interested can find our new home.

3 Likes

Welcome.

3 Likes

@Lost_My_Marbles is still doing their best to help out over there. But I am seeing SO many new sellers that never seem to stay engaged after they post. Maybe they expect to be contacted directly by Amazon?

I’m glad to see you made it here Marbles!

5 Likes

But I am seeing SO many new sellers that never seem to stay engaged after they post.

It’s hard to stay engaged when your post is met with (hours and hours and days and days of) silence. :woman_shrugging:

That’s nothing new

Yep, most do

2 Likes

The new sellers (unless they have been told otherwise) just post in their own sandbox created by Amazon. No one else can post there unless you are in the biz for 18 months or less. They are absolutely expecting Amazon to answer them, poor kids. The few that color outside of the lines are given the same advice that we all would give in the OFSE and that is where they fall off the face of the earth.

1 Like

your post is met with (hours and hours and days and days of) silence.

Yeah, I think you’re probably bang on. In the good ol’ days multiple sellers would be on a new post within minutes. It is crazy how many threads are opened every single day about accounts being deactivated, a huge number of them just for the verification process, others for drop shipping. And…crickets.

Off topic, can someone PM me how to use the “Quote” function properly :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

check your inbox :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just highlight and hit quote

It will create the new pop-window with the quote.
You can then add a second quote from the same post or other doing the same thing

5 Likes

I believe I was neglecting to click on the actual word “quote”.

after @JustForFunStuff PM’d me, I tried it and it worked fine. And @Roxy has PM’d multiple versions. :heart_eyes: :star_struck: Nice to keep learning new stuff.

Thanks all.

7 Likes

I agree, this sometimes happened on the OSF, but nothing like it is on the new forum.

It is not just new sellers who will post, and then :cricket: :cricket:, I see multiple posts with no response from the OP when others are trying to help or get to the bottom of their issue, so why is that?
Could it be because they don’t know to look under their notifications?
Quoting or tagging them doesn’t seem to make any difference, I find it very strange, especially when they are obviously desperate; you may be right; that some may think a response will come by email as if they were opening a case.

2 Likes

We felt abandoned … left to the chaos to fend for ourselves …
No PM for months … (we lost that in Beta months before the big change over)
No one to help us with the First Class Package missing from the Amazon Buy Shipping … (missed you)
No one to help with the my listing has been hijacked …

We started doing the Amazon thing … we built templates to copy and paste as answers because some of the threads seemed to be a copy paste of another thread …

One thing that happened that we thought was interesting was getting thank you(s) … it seemed some people were thankful someone (anyone) had even taken the time to read their thread …

We had no other place to go … remember we were cut off before the big change over so it was very hard to follow anything between NSFE and OFSE. After the big change over, we at least saw a few people we recognized (wasn’t that way for us in Beta). We knew everyone went some where but we didn’t know where that was … completely in the dark. It wasn’t until this past week we started seeing the SAS (sellersasksellers) references. We were beginning to think we would ever find this place.

For a while, we enjoyed finding all of the glitches and pointing them out. We thought it was ridiculous that Amazon would put out a product that was so riddled with issues. When the big change over happen, we noticed people struggling with the basic usage of NSFE and we tried to give some helpful tricks (since we had been on it longer than most). We noticed when the mods started copying the idea and got a chuckle when their attempts backfired (too little to late … and most thought of theirs as mostly promotional in nature).

Anyhow … we happy to be where we can have a conversation, ask a question and get an answer we can trust (yes … we have some questions from time to time but we knew NSFE wasn’t the place for us to get answers anymore).

10 Likes

Those of you who were roped into the NSFE early because you were nice enough to offer your feedback really got screwed. I’m surprised there weren’t more complaints about Amazon’s failure to disclose they would out your identity, and take your PM’s away, and all the other stuff you would lose access to if you chose to ‘help’.

I’m also surprised, shocked really, that even after the massive amount of beta testing you all did for them, that they put out such a useless product in the end, and then claimed they did such a great job of incorporating seller feedback.

The loss of PM’s was a big thing, because you lost the ability to share your off-Amazon contact info once moved over to NSFE. Thankfully, some of us had the foresight to do it before Amazon pulled the rug out from under us, and that led our little group here. Well, first to Reddit, and then eventually here, thanks to @TallyTony’s initiative.

We knew everyone went some where but we didn’t know where that was … completely in the dark. It wasn’t until this past week we started seeing the SAS (sellersasksellers) references.

We haven’t been here all that long, so you didn’t miss too much. :wink:

First, we went to Reddit and tried to figure that out. It was ok, but had it’s challenges. Then Tony had the idea to set up a trial period of Discourse and bring back an environment we were all familiar with.

That was great, and then we spent some time trying to decide what we could build Tony’s idea into. That lasted a couple of months. Do we want to be public or private? A social club or a helping site? Who should be able to join? What’s the criteria? How do we ensure civility? What should the rules be?

Then we had to pick a name, buy the domain, figure out the technical stuff, get it all ready to go, and then start putting the word out. I say ‘we’, but I wasn’t actively involved as I’m nothing but a mere user here. :grin: It’s only been ‘live’ about a month, I think, so it’s not surprising you hadn’t seen the mentions until now.

The Mods know we’re here, and they probably even visit on occasion to see what we’re saying, since our public discussions are visible to unregistered users and readable by the search engines. I’d be curious to know how much of a thorn in their side we (still) are, as I doubt they anticipated this particular turn of events. :smile:

No one to help us with the First Class Package missing from the Amazon Buy Shipping … (missed you)

The answer’s still the same. Set longer transit times in your templates, and don’t use the automation. :laughing: Did you see that Amazon plans to switch everyone to automated templates later this month? :woman_facepalming: :angry: If you don’t want it, you have to manually opt out, or go back and change them after the fact. So many people are going to get trapped into settings they don’t understand.

9 Likes

We know but we were missing you beating us to answer the question :rofl:

3 Likes

Welcome @Lost_My_Marbles

I buy SAS shoes, too. Wish they weren’t so expensive- recently had a 10+% price hike on many of their styles! I try not to think about how much I’m spending while gradually restock my closet!!

When your feet hurt, the whole body hurts!!

3 Likes

But they last and are comfortable so they’re worth it … got my wife to try them about 12 years ago … now she has a closet full …

Just sent our daughter a pair since she hadn’t been exposed to them and she loves them too …

2 Likes